“Great location for lunch”
Review of Frog And Scot

Frog And Scot
Ranked #20 of 123 Restaurants in Deal
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We have had lunch here number times. They do a 2 course or 3 course set lunch option which is great value and the quality is just super. A real treat. The service is attentive and warm and they have a great selection of wines to go with the food. I can highly recommend the Frog and Scot! Give it a go if you are in town and have the time!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I love it at the Frog and Scot, the food is always good and the service always very friendly and very different. One of the few top restaurants in and around Deal that is open 7 days a week.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We have been here several times since it opened and have been with friends, with the kids and on our own. However, one thing is really frustrating, is that you can not really tell whether what you had last time will be available, also the quality can vary. The last time we went our daughter chose where we would eat as it was her birthday treat. She had remembered how we raved about the steak sharing platter, but there was no steak to be had. What a let down. We understand that you can't keep all the ingredients in al the time, but steak is not really something you should run out of. All the alternative were not really suitable for her so it was a disapointing evening. Bit of a letdown!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The food was good and the service was relaxed and friendly. Why is it though, that the more you pay, the better the quality (not always), the less you get? My daughter's boyfriend had a piece of halibut that looked about as big as a fish finger. The steak was the most expensive thing on the menu and I paid an additional £5 to get a fillet steak. It was enormous and I could not finish it. Fortunately, the halibut man next tome was on hand to hoover it up. I'm not sure he would have made it through the night on the piece of halibut!
My starter was mackerel, hardly an expensive fish. That was a small portion as well.
Quibbles apart, we enjoyed the meal and would recommended Frog & Scot among the top restaurants in Deal.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Well this was a lovely find.

Walking down the High Street on a sunny Saturday afternoon, looking for somewhere to eat, we came across this. A blackboard stood outside tempting you in.

No menu, just a wall of blackboards giving you lots of choice and ways to order.

We managed to get a table for two, it was filling up with groups of Family and Friends.

We went slightly off menu helped by a waiter who knew his stuff.

We both ordered crab risotto to start. The waiter said they were small and we added a salad and a bowl of chips.

A couple of slices of bread with very nice butter came out, a bottle of water, glass with lemon and ice.

Well, the crab risotto was sublime, lots of crab, lots of lemon, lots of cheese. I could have managed a large plate for a main course it was that nice.

A white rioja for my Wife went down well.

No mains, but cheese plate for each. Cheese sourced from The No Where Deli (is that right?), down the road. Great temperature, lovely walnut and honey thingamybob, and good dry pitta (please correct me) with it. Lovely cheeses.

So all of that for around £40 odd .

Congratulations, great concept, great staff, great location, great decor, great food.

We'll be back.

Date of visit: July 2017
2  Thank HalDavies

Been to Frog And Scot? Share your experiences!