“Two different set menus”
Review of Frog And Scot

Frog And Scot
Ranked #18 of 126 Restaurants in Deal
Reviewed 13 August 2017

This restaurant located on the High Street is a great find. It offers two set menus as well as specials. The cheaper set menu is "Scot" and has a Scottish influence. The Frog set menu is more expensive and has, wait for it, a French influence.

My fellow diner and I both jumped at the lobster risotto. Neither of us were disappointed - perfectly cooked. I chose the duck breast and leg and my companion the hake. Again, there were clean plates. We decide to have the 3rd course, ordering the lime and lemon posset with a blackberry and prosecco topping which according the waitress was one of their most popular desserts. Absolutely delicious. I was down from London but this restaurant could easily compete with some the of the restaurants I rate in the Big Smoke. This restaurant is definitely on the list when I return to the Deal area.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was a great find, we were ‘fish and chipped’ out.

The duck breast and comfit leg served on cabbage with roast potatoes was the best duck meal we had eaten outside of France.

There is a very interesting wine list with daily specials by the glass. If only it was nearer my home.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Friendly atmosphere and decent food in an everchanging suggestions blackboard
Classic french inspired food that is a breath of fresh air in an othetwise stale culinary landscape at deal
All good price quality except the wines of which there are way to many and all overpriced
Certainly worth a visit if staying for a couple of days but not worth travelling some distance for a romantic tete a tete

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We have had lunch here number times. They do a 2 course or 3 course set lunch option which is great value and the quality is just super. A real treat. The service is attentive and warm and they have a great selection of wines to go with the food. I can highly recommend the Frog and Scot! Give it a go if you are in town and have the time!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I love it at the Frog and Scot, the food is always good and the service always very friendly and very different. One of the few top restaurants in and around Deal that is open 7 days a week.

Date of visit: May 2017

Been to Frog And Scot? Share your experiences!