“What A Difference A Year Makes”

The Ship Inn Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Dymchurch
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Visited this pub over a year ago and overall was a OK experience .. However on a return visit this year, an incredible transformation, first of all what a warm welcome from both the staff behind the bar... We was informed the restaurant wasn't open weekday, this is fine as both areas of the bar where perfectly nice to sit in. We got our menus and was indormed that it was a new menu, We both had burgers, clearly homemade and delicious, and very well presented.

We will return again

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My boyfriend had booked me a birthday break in Dymchurch in March. I looked at pubs that we could go to on the Friday night as this was my birthday, I found this place and remember playing in the garden when I used to holiday there as a child. I looked at their website and on the night of my birthday the website said that there was a Steak night and a live band , perfect for us, somewhere to stay all night have some dinner and enjoy the live band. I called on the Friday and was told that the restaurant was fully book but we could eat in the bar and was told the best time would be to come about 7. We arrived and brought a drink, we asked if we could get a table and was told that there was no tables, I asked if we could wait for a table and and another man said that they did have one left in the other bar so we went to sit down. A table was next to us and went to the bar to order so I followed and waiting for my order to taken, after the other table had ordered their steak I was next. I started to order and was told that I could not order steak as I was a walk in, I said I'm not worried about getting the £20 steak deal but could I still order steak and he said no!!!! I went back to my partner and felt like we was not wanted there so we left. It was a real shame as we was there for the whole night to watch the band and enjoy my birthday. I have never ever written a review but felt like as soon as we walked in we was not welcome. My partner and I both work in a award winning restaurant and would never treat any customer is this way!!

1  Thank Rebbeca M
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Tommy and his team provided a relaxed venue and a super spread for our private event after my dad's funeral. Many of our guests (approximately 50) made a point of commenting on the range and quality of the food provided. We couldn't recommend the venue, staff, facilities, atmosphere and catering enough. A BIG thank you to Tommy and the team for making this difficult day perfect.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Nice little pub this one...Although took a while to find the entrance(round the back).....Nice staff, very clean toilets...Both my wife and I had the fish and chips which was both very large and of great quality...There is also some great movie posters around of which looked cool....Fans of Disney should visit for the Dr Syn memories!!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Once again the Ship Inn has made a comeback for the better, a good local with great helpful staff, good food, a large selection of locally sourced food, a good selection of food and some very good entertainment monthly.

1  Thank Roman S