“You get what you pay for”
Review of The Star Inn

The Star Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Edenbridge B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed here last Thursday night with my wife as in the area visiting our daughter, was a last minute booking, so last minute in fact we ended up in a twin room (the wife didn't mind that lol) well from the outside it doesn't look like it will be a nice stay and let's face it, it's no 4/5 star hotel, we paid £50 for the night which included an awesome breakfast, service upon arrival and checking out was very good indeed, you get what you pay for and I can honestly say we would use this place again, the one thing they seriously need to sort out is the door to the street, very poor security

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at the 'Star Inn' last night 26/4/14 and were very disappointed. The street door didn't
lock so very poor security. The room was not very nice with a stained carpet. Bedding not nice.
A party was going on downstairs until 2am so overall not a good experience. Would definitely
not recommend. We felt at £65 it was a rip off.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Moiya L

Travellers are raving about these Edenbridge hotels

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We recently stayed at the "star inn" and are very angry and upset over how much we paid "£80" for the horrible stay we had. First of all we were shocked to be told the street door did not shut nor lock! Then to see so many extension leads running off each other all around the room! We had our 2yr old baby with us. The rail on the top bunk bed was snapped off and there was dirty tissues under the bed. And to top it off we did not get any sleep till gone 3am! The pub played music so loud it sounded like it was in our room!! We were under the impression that the pub closed at 11pm but No this turned into what seemed like a night club with the music only getting louder as the night went on! I really do not like writing bad reviews but I feel so angry that we paid so much to stay here and wanted to warn people especially those with children, If we wasn't so far away from home we would have left! After placing a complaint we were told the noise must have been coming from a flat next door. Well after going outside a number of times that nite to check our car I can say the music was defiantly coming from inside the pub! Very angry and shocked at how much we paid to stay it was the worst nite we have ever had staying away from home!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Chantandboo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

May I start off by saying that I do not consider myself a moaner / groaner , however I feel that I need to give up 5 minutes of my day to provide my experience when staying at the Star Inn.
On arrival I was shown to my room via the side door which leads out on to the main road , This was insecure for all to come in, the carpet on the stairs and landing looked new but was filthy. The ceiling was heavily stained from what looked like water/ damp. I was shown to my room and Im afraid it didn't get much better. The room was also dirty, Carpets had some suspicious white staining around the base of the bed???? . The ceiling also stained with what looked like rusty water??? The electric oil radiator had seen better days, rusty and covered in dust. The Tv remote was sticky and the TV wasn't much better. I note on previous reviews the manager states that some one kindly stole the lead from the roof, I have to ask did they steal the hoover as well ?
The furniture looked like it had been pulled out of a skip, it was badly worn and broken in places.
I was staying here for the week so naturally looked for a wardrobe to hang my clothes, I was provided with a clothes rail with three complimentary coat hangers.
I was informed that my shower and toilet were along the hallway as my room did not have en suite facilities. The shower experience was different I have to say, The door leading in to the shower room did not shut properly which gave anyone using the landing a view in. The shower head holder was broken therefore you were required to hold the shower in one hand. This had clearly been like this for some time. A replacement hook had been screwed in at waist height, perfect for a dwarf to have a shower.
The bar area is clearly for construction workers and the like, no thrills,basic and cheap.
I have to compliment the food, both breakfasts and evening meals were excellent value for money. 90% meals are £6.00, good size portions
Overall the experience was not the best and I feel that the prices are on the high side with what you get.
From what I have experienced the website photographs do not reflect accurately with what the Star Inn has to offer.I will attach some pictures I took during my stay.

Room Tip: Visit before booking
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank shaun h
London
Reviewed 14 January 2014

It is slightly daunting arriving there and it is true that a few things need to be fixed. However, the staff were very helpful and friendly, as were the locals in the bar. There are a lot of restaurants and other pubs nearby too. The breakfast is great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sidcup
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Stayed for a 1 night stop when on a cycling weekend, we arrived cold and tired to find warm comfortable rooms and good showers with plenty of hot water. After a beer in the pub and a meal in the town I returned and had a great night sleep.
I would recommend it for an over night stay with the lads.
The breakfast was brilliant.
All in all fantastic value for the money.
The one disappointment was that the Pub Landlady didn't live up to the hype and was sober and quite pleasant.

Room Tip: Get one of the En-suite rooms as there's no lock on the communal shower
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MrReas0nable
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edenbridge
Best Western Plus Hever Hotel
Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
Best Western Plus Donnington Manor Hotel
Hever Castle Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Star Inn? Share your experiences!