“Thanks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gladstone House

Gladstone House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Faversham
Gladstone House
Ranked #4 of 16 Faversham B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Thanks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here in August while I was on a course at the Archaeological field school. This was my first trip away on my own and Mary couldn't have made me feel more welcome. My room was cosy and very clean with free Wifi. Breakfast was perfect and all the other guests I met seemed to love the place as much as me. I would recommend Gladstone house and will definitely be staying here again if I do other courses as the field school. Thanks Mary will hopefully see you again soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dungannon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times now over a number of years. Super accommodation in the centre of Faversham and very close to the railway station. Mary is a great host and the house has a warm and relaxed atmosphere. I would have no worries recommending this house to anyone wishing to stay in the quaint town of Faversham.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Gladstone for a long weekend and couldn't have been made more welcome. The host, Mary, is indeed lovely and is great fun too. The house itself is huge and cosy, my room was lovely and big, the breakfasts were delicious. The house is in a peaceful spot, near the town and the railway station, yet lovely and quiet too. I was trying to leave on the day the recent storms blew up and the trains were cancelled temporarily, but Mary was so helpful, feeding me cups of tea while I waited for the train service to start up again. Thanks Mary. Be back soon if you can fit me in.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Richmond, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Lovely Mary and her beautiful home. The attention to detail and home from home atmosphere are two things that make Gladstone House stand out. I was very tempted to ask if I could move in permanently! From the moment you walk through the door into this Victorian house you feel glad you chose to stay. I had a twin room, decorated in cream with deep cushions and duvet and crisp bed linen. Lovely paintings on the walls, chinoiserie lamps, water jugs, tea coffee and a little tub of biscuits. A tv and radio, a bookcase full of a very eclectic collection to browse. The bathroom had plentiful towels and toiletries. It was a lovely peaceful room. At breakfast in the farmhouse kitchen style conservatory there was a cornucopia of choice and an interesting fellow guest. Mary and the two of us put the world to rights over my vegetarian cooked breakfast. I was there only one night and will definitely be back!

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I came by train and this B&B is two minutes away from the station: it is also two minutes from the main street of Faversham: so it is very convenient for local sight seeing on foot as well as taking the train to Canterbury or further afield. Having said that, my room was exceptionally quiet and restful.
Mary met me at the front door and from the moment I entered her B&B I was welcomed like a member of the family, with help with my luggage and great pot of tea!
Others have described the lovely Victorian house, the scrumptious breakfasts, the super cleanliness, the comforting interior decor and the wonderful beds! But I would also like to emphasize her helpfulness, her kindness and her interest in ensuring that you have the best possible time.
This is not a B&B, it is a 'Home from Home'. Nothing was too much trouble. You will want to go back again and again.

Room Tip: There is a choice between ensuites with a bath or with a shower. Both are lovely, it just depends o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank susanna437
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have just returned from a stay at Gladstone House. My room was comfortable, clean and beautifully decorated. As all the other reviews say Mary is a great hostess and will keep you laughing over breakfast. I really hope I have the opportunity to come again. Thanks Mary!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at Gladstone House (I've tried two different rooms) and I have already booked to return again. It is an elegantly furnished, large terraced house. The rooms are comfortable, with lovely cotton bed linen, feather pillows and spotlessly clean. I stay for work, so appreciate the kettle and biscuits in the room after a long day, before heading off out for dinner.
Mary is the Faversham font of all knowledge, directing to places of interest. She cooks a mean breakfast, served in the bright conservatory/sun room. If you don't want a cooked breakfast there is always freshly prepared fruit, yoghurt and a variety of cereal and breads. Wonderful. See you soon Mary.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Faversham
Judd's Folly Hotel
#1 of 16 in Faversham
Sun Inn
Sun Inn
#3 of 16 in Faversham

Been to Gladstone House? Share your experiences!