Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Paul B
Fethiye, Türkiye

Dire!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 Jun 2022
Following the excellent reviews on Booking .com I booked a room here. On arrival they had no record of my booking and coulkd only offer me a single room. The hot tap in the sink had been left running for weeks. The toilet didn't flush, Shower door wouldn't close, The shower hot water tap didn't work. The carpet was filthy and debris under the bed. Apart from that the sheets and towels were clean
Date of stay: June 2022
Standard suite bedroom
  • eDreams
6.3 miles from The Railway Hotel
View more hotels in Faversham
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 June 2022 via mobile

We booked this hotel just for the night to save driving home after a party . It is in a good part of the town, it’s very basic and could do with a tidy up to be honest . The price was good so bearing that in mind was worth the stay. Our room was above the bar area and downstairs a group was playing but the stopped at a certain time . I expect in the old days it was a haven to stay in.the lads doing the breakfast worked hard to give the ten visitors are cooked breakfast .

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2022

I booked this hotel for two people who were working with me this week. I had to move them after one night as it just wasn’t suitable as a hotel for a work trip.
The hotel is also a pub, and it was noisy till midnight on a Monday night. On top of that, breakfast is served too late to be of any use for anyone who starts work at 8.
And my colleagues did not like the rooms. One in particular was very small and shabby.
But this hotel was advertised on booking.com as suitable for a work trip. So I feel rather aggrieved that when I contacted the hotel about these issues, there was no solution offered and when I said that I might have to move my friends, they said there would be no refund of the bill paid in advance. I found the staff were a bit rude really.
I’m sure it would be fine for a fun boozy weekend in Faversham, but that’s not what I booked it for. For work, I would suggest somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank norunec
Reviewed 19 December 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately this hotel has seen better days.
The pictures on the website must have been taken a while ago and do not resemble the tatty and sticky interior of my room.
Dusty lamp shades and a Skeewiff light did not add to the charm ! Complete overhaul is needed along with a big pot of care…
on a plus side ..the beds are clean and the toilet flushes… thank god!
No wonder when you book your keenly told to pay and it’s non refundable… this place has come of the rails and hit the buffers!

Room tip: Stay on the train and go elsewhere
Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Stefbhg
Reviewed 16 December 2021 via mobile

Can't believe this place has positive reviews. People running the place clearly have interest in only running the pub.

Room was basic and not decorated since the 80's. Booked restaurant and when arrived told that we would have to wait for our food because a Christmas party was booked for a table of about 10 people. Asked how long we would be waiting and they just couldn't answer. Then told that to order food we would have to go and order at the bar next door as no waitress service. Left and went to Ask Italian which was great.

Came back at 11 and the bar was quite full. Asked for a drink and was told they couldn't serve us as bar closed. Thought hotels could still serve guests and add to bill. Oh well.

In the morning they demanded we pay for breakfast before having it. Girl serving us told chef and we heard him say if they ain't paying up front they aren't getting anything. He came out and I tried to say hello to him and he just stared at me. Strange place.

Would not recommend and will not be coming back.

Hope whoever wrote the last review got plenty of free pints!

Room tip: Book somewhere else. Not welcoming here
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank BiggCafc
Reviewed 7 December 2021

Had a lovely meal in the hotel on Saturday night with lovely service by all. Was explained to politely about a bit of a longer wait due to a large party of Christmas guests.. and unlike the other review we was told that the till is closed at 11 and no.more drinks can be sold after 11

Trip type: Travelled with friends