Priceline
Go to your Happy Price
Lol.travel
Daily E

The worst hotel I have ever stayed at!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 Jul 2022via mobile
We arrived to a scruffy, grotty and tired looking hotel (pub). We had to check in at the bar and the person who checked us in looked a bit tipsy and like he might be on something. The carpets were dirty on the stairs and in the corridor. The room looked terrible both beds were old and creaky with very hard mattress which meant that we got no sleep. Drunk people shouting and swearing in the street until way after 12 pm also did not help. The carpet was worn and not clean. The curtain was. hanging off it’s hooks and the place was generally in a bad state.. The room did not smell clean at all This was not the image we saw on booking.com. The advert on booking.com is very misleading. All and all I would say that staying at the Railway hotel in Faversham was an awful experience and it’s note the quint hotel/pub that you would expect, instead it is rather rough and does not meet basic minimum hotel standards.
  • Expedia.com
Self Catering Stableblock
  • Agoda.com
5.3 miles from The Railway Hotel
View more hotels in Faversham
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2022 via mobile

Had a room booked for 3 months only to receive an email 3 days before we were due to stay telling us our booking had been cancelled with some lame excuse that booking.com had overbooked them. I highly recommend you avoid an establishment who is happy to treat their customers with such contempt. Utterly disgraceful.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sid L
Reviewed 27 June 2022

Following the excellent reviews on Booking .com I booked a room here. On arrival they had no record of my booking and coulkd only offer me a single room. The hot tap in the sink had been left running for weeks. The toilet didn't flush, Shower door wouldn't close, The shower hot water tap didn't work. The carpet was filthy and debris under the bed. Apart from that the sheets and towels were clean

Date of stay: June 2022
Reviewed 26 June 2022 via mobile

We booked this hotel just for the night to save driving home after a party . It is in a good part of the town, it’s very basic and could do with a tidy up to be honest . The price was good so bearing that in mind was worth the stay. Our room was above the bar area and downstairs a group was playing but the stopped at a certain time . I expect in the old days it was a haven to stay in.the lads doing the breakfast worked hard to give the ten visitors are cooked breakfast .

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2022

I booked this hotel for two people who were working with me this week. I had to move them after one night as it just wasn’t suitable as a hotel for a work trip.
The hotel is also a pub, and it was noisy till midnight on a Monday night. On top of that, breakfast is served too late to be of any use for anyone who starts work at 8.
And my colleagues did not like the rooms. One in particular was very small and shabby.
But this hotel was advertised on booking.com as suitable for a work trip. So I feel rather aggrieved that when I contacted the hotel about these issues, there was no solution offered and when I said that I might have to move my friends, they said there would be no refund of the bill paid in advance. I found the staff were a bit rude really.
I’m sure it would be fine for a fun boozy weekend in Faversham, but that’s not what I booked it for. For work, I would suggest somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank norunec
Reviewed 19 December 2021 via mobile

Unfortunately this hotel has seen better days.
The pictures on the website must have been taken a while ago and do not resemble the tatty and sticky interior of my room.
Dusty lamp shades and a Skeewiff light did not add to the charm ! Complete overhaul is needed along with a big pot of care…
on a plus side ..the beds are clean and the toilet flushes… thank god!
No wonder when you book your keenly told to pay and it’s non refundable… this place has come of the rails and hit the buffers!

Room tip: Stay on the train and go elsewhere
Date of stay: December 2021