Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
£115
Fully refundable before Fri, 31 May
No prepayment needed
Go to your Happy Price
Agoda.com
No fees just great deals
jussiewood
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom

New management have made a difference

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Apr 2024
The new management are lovely and we are pleased that we gave it a revisited this year (since the new management) we stayed previously under the old management and the room was grubby, tired and needed some love and we said that we wouldn’t stay again. Then we found out that it had changed hands and thought we would risk it … so pleased that we did. This time the room was clean and repainted and the new team really could not be more friendly and helpful. It’s hard to find places that are dog friendly and this hotel is perfect for that, our dog was very welcome in both the room and in the bar. We also ate dinner in the hotel (from the restaurant menu but in the bar as we had the dog with us) Could not fault the food! A great variety on the menu including vegan options. We wish the new management the best of luck, they have made a difference in a short space of time and deserve success. We will stay again when we next visit !
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
6.3 miles from The Railway Hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
5.3 miles from The Railway Hotel
View more hotels in Faversham
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 March 2024 via mobile

Under new ownership and it shows! My room was spacious and comfortable. Very surprised how quiet it was for being over the pub. Big, cozy beds and pillows. Coffee, tea and biscuits in the room. En suite bathroom. Bery clean room. The 5 stars is absolutely due to the amazing staff. Everyone was so friendly and lovely. I felt so at home. The pub had great food and a fun but relaxed atmosphere. I visit family in Faversham once a year, and totally plan on staying here again. We'll worth the price and the location is perfect. Walk to the train station (which is not at all loud) and walk to coffee and shops.

Room tip: You can see the Inn from the station. No car rental needed.
Date of stay: February 2024
Reviewed 21 January 2024 via mobile

My humans told me they were not cooking for me today. Luckily, I had booked into the pub for Sunday lunch, as I am not allowed out by myself. I had to take my mummy and daddy with me. They ordered roast beef and roast chicken for themselves and nothing for me. Well, they did ask for a bowl of cold water, which was placed onto the floor for me. I could tell they enjoyed their food by the noises they were making, and something about them telling each other it was lovely, hot and very fresh . I have trained the people who run the place, and I got a plate delivered with roast beef and yorkshire pudding, with mummy put into my doggy bowl along with cauliflower cheese and roast potatoes along with carrots and peas, she knows I don't eat vegetables, but today I would try them. When I finished eating, I was left licking my lips, I really enjoyed it. When more people came in, I went over to them and burped to tell them how good the food was. I will make sure I am back.

Room tip: It is best to book for restaurant but can eat in the bar
Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 20 January 2024

We had a very cosy drink by the fire and the team could not of been more helpful and accommodating, very dog friendly and the gravy bones were gratefully received by our pooch! It's great to have another place to enjoy a lovely pint in faversham and we are looking forward to trying the food, the pie smelt delicious 😋

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 December 2023 via mobile

Nice friendly run pub. Staff nice friendly giving a very warm welcome. The Guinness is very good, and they accept both the blue light card and defence card, giving excellent discount on all drinks plus the discount is given on the rooms which are situated above the bar.

Room tip: Parking is available Railway w Station with 1 hour to London travel time
Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed 9 December 2023

New Management and we have to say Donna and Dave were a delight !!!!, the property has had a facelift and is so much better now with a really good atmosphere all around, the rooms are clean, spacious with everything one could need and the pub itself is inviting and warm, the prices for the rooms are exceptional and cheaper than anywhere we have stayed, they are working so hard in making The Railway a better place than it had been in the past and and we have so enjoyed ourselves here this time, it is a work in progress but if the new landlord and landlady are anything to go by then this place will go from strength to strength, thank you both (and all the staff) for being so kind and helpful and we promise to be back again in the new year, and a big thank you from Bertie our poodle for the lovely gifts you left for him.......We would thoroughly recommend The Railway Hotel........

Room tip: ITS RIGHT ON TOP OF THE TOWN AND THE ROOMS ARE SPACIOUS.....
Date of stay: December 2023