Sun Inn
Tonge Barn(Sittingbourne)
US$134
US$121
US$59
Crescent Turner Hotel(Whitstable)(Great Value!)
US$163
Premier Inn Whitstable Hotel(Whitstable)(Great Value!)
US$98
PremierInn.com
The Shurland Hotel(Eastchurch)
US$99
US$85
All reviewsthe pubbrewery tourfriday nightlarge bathroomfeature roompieslocation is greatthomas roadroaring fireone night stayworth a visitgood sizeslipper bathwooden beamsexcellent beerwould stay againan evening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the sun in on the night of our wedding. The room was excellent, Both the room itself and the onsuit bathroom were very large indeed. The room was very clean and comfortable with a nice choice of decor. the bed was comfortabel and the staff were friendly and helpful. overall a really nice experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lomas_ip
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We came to visit our daughter and grandchildren. She selected the Sun Inn and we were extremely happy with everything. The room was great, the food was wonderful and staff was friendly and attentive. When we come back in the future this is where we want to stay.t

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Historical stay for those who love an old English pub with old English quirkiness. Expected a noisy night sleep from late night revellers but was pleasantly surprised. Not a sound. Maybe due to us enjoying the pubs ambiance until closing. Also adverse weather conditions kept revellers out of the beer garden which the room overlooked.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great central location. Room thoughtfully equipped including iron and board, lots of toiletries, hair dryer.
Checking in wasn't smooth as the chap behind the bar couldn't leave the bar so I had to return later and then it was all a bit random.
I would definitely recommend it and stay again but ask for a different room as my room overlooked the pub garden so people were out late drinking, talking and (YUK) smoking under my open window which was very unpleasant. The room was overheated and so the window had to be open.
So mostly positive except the smoke.

Room Tip: don't choose a window overlooking the garden
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you would like to stay at an inn oozing with character & history, look no further. I arrived in the evening around 20:45 after many hours of traveling, and they let me know right away the kitchen would be closing at 9:00, so I was able to quickly put in an order for some supper. I enjoyed the meal sitting in the most quaint "old pub" room in front of the fireplace (not in use) - dark wood, dark leather, looking like it was 1913 or 1813 instead of 2013. And to imagine people were there enjoying the inn and pub hundreds of years before that, even. (The only thing I was disappointed about was the wifi not working, as I wanted to Skype with my family to show it all to them.) My room was large, comfortable, clean and attractively furnished. It looked out on the beer garden, which could possibly get noisy, but there was no one out there during my visit. I would gladly stay here again. Wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business