Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
VJ1212
London

The most amazing breakfast ever!

Review of Shepherd House
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 20 Feb 2018
My husband booked this B&B as a surprise for my birthday and I absolutely loved it. It's totally unique character and Claire's hospitality made it just perfect. I'll admit the toilet situation is a little strange but manageable. Perhaps not a getaway for new couples!

The breakfasts are quite simply the best ever! A coffee menu from local roasters, juice or even a bloody Mary (which my husband enjoyed). The food was oustanding and freshly cooked, including cake, pancakes, or a full English. My husband had the salmon and though it was amazing. I can honestly say, this was the best breakfast I've had in any hotel in any country.

Truly quaint little place where nothing was too much trouble. I'm sure it would be even more amazing in the Summer. Happily go back.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • eDreams
  • Skyscanner.com
6.3 miles from Shepherd House
View more hotels in Faversham
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Our stay got off to a great start when we were welcomed by Clare with a glass of champagne and fresh flowers in our lovely, spacious room for the weekend! The Georgian house is gorgeous and has been stylishly decorated with quirky artworks and a designer look - the huge comfy bed, underfloor heating and deep bath in the room felt very luxe. Breakfast was also a real treat, with tasty overnight oats and homemade cake, followed by a selection of freshly cooked options. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I usually do a good job reading other people's reviews carefully before I book. Recent reviews have been very complimentary but I did not go far enough back to read the concerns other have.

The problem for some ( including me) is that there is no separation between the toilet and the main bedroom ( save in our case for a small wicker screen). Others seem to think this is OK but when you are paying top bed and breakfast rate ( £185 per night for their biggest room) I'm afraid my wife and I found this totally unacceptable.

The plusses for Shepherd House have been well stated by others. The host, Claire, is welcoming and helpful. The location is very good just up the street from the town centre. The underfloor heating is efficient and the bed is comfortable. The shower is excellent. The breakfast was delicious.

Other less serious niggles for us were that the room lighting was poor. There was insufficient light by the basin when the shutters were closed and the bedside lights were attractive but gave out insufficient light to read by at night. Also the only place for clothes was on a stand alone rack...so no drawers for folded shirts etc.

So, if you don't mind the toilet, the plusses far outweigh the minuses. But for us, this was unacceptable and we won't be going back.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sussextravellers9
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My wife and I were planning a two-night trip to Kent in October and were looking for a boutique B&B in the area. A quick web search revealed Shepherd House.

It's located on the main street of Faversham with plenty of good pubs and restaurants just down the street, and a quick ride from such great area attractions as Leeds Castle, Canterbury and the White Cliffs of Dover. If you've never seen the latter, they are amazing to see and another site to check off your bucket list (and just a 30ish minute drive from Shepherd House).

The incredibly accommodating innkeeper, Clare, is chock full of great suggestions and you will be served what may be the most scrumptious breakfast you've ever eaten.

For dinner, we chose 2 places from among Clare's list and enjoyed excellent dinners at the Sun Inn right in town and a second at Whitstable Oyster Company, 20 minutes away.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Absolutely wonderful B&B.

From the courtesy call the day before we arrived, to champagne on arrival and a tour of the house, Claire's hospitality and attention to detail was second to none.

The room was immaculate and so beautifully decorated; fully stocked tea and coffee tray and fresh milk and water daily.

The bed was extremely comfortable (and big) and the bath was great - some might be put off by the toilet being opposite, but it didn't bother us and there is a woven screen in the doorway.

Full-size toiletries were provided and the bath oil was particularly lovely - we found full-size bottles for sale in Apotheca on West Street.

When Claire turned the room down she even noticed that we had mini prosecco bottles with us and put them on ice, leaving champagne flutes too.

The breakfast was wonderful both days and very relaxed; the choices on the menu were great - the pancakes were particularly impressive! Iris and Noah were both lovely and friendly.

Faversham is really nice and peaceful and we enjoyed wandering around. Very easy to get the train to Whitstable for the day too.

There are so many nice things to say about Shepherd House - highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Over our recent fantastic wedding weekend we were lucky enough to find Shepherd House for the bridal party. My new wife and her friends cannot rave enough about how stylish the house is and also over how exceptional Claire's hospitality was.
I also got the wedding night to stay at this wonderful hotel and couldn't fault it, can't wait to come back next year!
#georgian #garden #interiordream #bridalsuite #thosebathrooms