Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 August 2018

Our hosts immediately helped us feel at home and relaxed; very friendly and helpful and the things that we asked for to make our visit easier were accommodated with a smile.... everything is classy and tasteful, a little oasis in Faversham

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at Shepherd House for a weekend away from London. Location is ideal (just outside the station in Faversham) and within easy reach of all of the shops. I loved Claire’s recommendations for places to visit nearby.

The B&B is stylish and modern and Claire was very hospitable throughout our stay. Breakfast was lovely with overnight oats, decaff coffee and a choice of hot dishes - including scrambled eggs and salmon and pancakes with bacon.

My main “gripe” was with the lack of separate bathroom (as other reviews have highlighted), which is really a basic expectation from any room, let alone at £145 per night. My boyfriend and I have been together a long time, so not an issue, but as it didn’t say on the website I imagine it could come as quite a surprise to others, particularly if staying with parents / friends!! Toilet and bath are in full view of bed and while there is a dressing room-style screen there is relatively little privacy. The room also became quite hot from the bath which wasn’t ideal. It would have been helpful to have a dressing table with mirror as drying hair was a challenge! We have stayed in quite a few nice hotels and even premier inns and this is again a fairly basic expectation.

With a few practical improvements, such as a more permanent screen for the toilet, this would make Shepherd House much more attractive to other customers. We had a lovely stay but I’d only recommend with a few “user bewares”!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank EMH405
Reviewed 20 February 2018

My husband booked this B&B as a surprise for my birthday and I absolutely loved it. It's totally unique character and Claire's hospitality made it just perfect. I'll admit the toilet situation is a little strange but manageable. Perhaps not a getaway for new couples!

The breakfasts are quite simply the best ever! A coffee menu from local roasters, juice or even a bloody Mary (which my husband enjoyed). The food was oustanding and freshly cooked, including cake, pancakes, or a full English. My husband had the salmon and though it was amazing. I can honestly say, this was the best breakfast I've had in any hotel in any country.

Truly quaint little place where nothing was too much trouble. I'm sure it would be even more amazing in the Summer. Happily go back.

Date of stay: February 2018
3  Thank VJ1212
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Our stay got off to a great start when we were welcomed by Clare with a glass of champagne and fresh flowers in our lovely, spacious room for the weekend! The Georgian house is gorgeous and has been stylishly decorated with quirky artworks and a designer look - the huge comfy bed, underfloor heating and deep bath in the room felt very luxe. Breakfast was also a real treat, with tasty overnight oats and homemade cake, followed by a selection of freshly cooked options. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018

I usually do a good job reading other people's reviews carefully before I book. Recent reviews have been very complimentary but I did not go far enough back to read the concerns other have.

The problem for some ( including me) is that there is no separation between the toilet and the main bedroom ( save in our case for a small wicker screen). Others seem to think this is OK but when you are paying top bed and breakfast rate ( £185 per night for their biggest room) I'm afraid my wife and I found this totally unacceptable.

The plusses for Shepherd House have been well stated by others. The host, Claire, is welcoming and helpful. The location is very good just up the street from the town centre. The underfloor heating is efficient and the bed is comfortable. The shower is excellent. The breakfast was delicious.

Other less serious niggles for us were that the room lighting was poor. There was insufficient light by the basin when the shutters were closed and the bedside lights were attractive but gave out insufficient light to read by at night. Also the only place for clothes was on a stand alone rack...so no drawers for folded shirts etc.

So, if you don't mind the toilet, the plusses far outweigh the minuses. But for us, this was unacceptable and we won't be going back.

Date of stay: January 2018