“Parking the only issue”

The Balmoral Guesthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gillingham
The Balmoral Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 3 Gillingham B&B and Inns
Cardiff
“Parking the only issue”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The only problem with this place is the parking. There is simply nowhere around to park; all the local streets are restricted by resident permit, and the car parks do not allow stays longer than four hours.

The staff could not be more helpful, offering a daily visitor permit which allowed parking in one of these resident spaces. However, I needed to get up early to change it for the next day. Very inconvenient, not their fault at all, but in retrospect I would have been better off paying for somewhere more expensive and having somewhere to park!

For those travelling by train it is very well located - essentially opposite the train station. The room itself was clean, comfortable, had a TV and basic cooking facilities including a fridge, hob, pots and pans. This was a very pleasant surprise. A microwave would have been good, but even the provision of a fridge is over and above what I was expecting.

In short, a nice place to stay but I could not recommend it to those travelling by car.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Trwyn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2011

I booked to stay at the balmoral but was a bit worried as it was so much cheaper than all the other places I could find. I was so pleased to find the room was spacious, very clean, had a private clean bathroom and comp tea\coffee! I have to travel a lot for work and pay for the accommodation myself - this was by far the best I've found for the money (especially midweek rates). My stay cost less than my train fare by far! There is no bar or restaurant which I didn't realize but makes sense for a guest house. The room had a tv and small kitchen so I saved even more money with take away in front of the telly. Def would recommend and def would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mindslondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gillingham
The King Charles Hotel
Gordon House Hotel
Gordon House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rochester
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Been to The Balmoral Guesthouse? Share your experiences!