“Toboggan run & Sno - tubing”

Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre
Reviewed 29 March 2013

wot a place...cost is very good £10 for 5 toboggan rides and 5 sno tubing rides....The toboggan is x lent, not sure of top speed but it it fast...kids loved it from any age....down sides...their was a birthday party which took over the ride, it would have been bettter if they closed the ride for 30 min while they got them through instead of one here one their and them running round nick carts....Then the viper slide for sno - tubing was closed and looks like has been closed for a while as it needs redoing....so they used the main ski slop....which pleased the kids they just wanted to go higher...But over all a good after noon out worth the money.....

Andy R, General Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thanks for your review Rob. I am pleased everyone had a good time at the Centre. The Birthday parties do get a little extra preference on the toboggan run as they pay extra for that privilege. Normally this doesn't pose too many problems for the other customers as they get integrated on the ride. We try to have the Viper ride open when we can, though we have recently had to carry out a few adjustments to the matting to speed things up! We hopefully will see you back at the Centre soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2013

My boy & his friends had a fantastic time & loved the tabogan run although scared at first couldn't wait to go up again. It's a shame they couldn't have a 3rd go in the price & then go onto the snow tubes. The only thing I would say is that the instructors need to make sure that the children do understand to slow down before the bends as my son couldn't read & I didn't know this until I had a go myself & he said he hit his head a bit & cried. The children loved the snow tubes especially being spun & holding hands.

The food was all freshly cooked & they even tried to find something different for a pudding for one of the children who can't have diary.

The only downside was apparently the toilet in the restaurant as my friend went in there & said it was quite dirty with nappies etc. I know it is a public place & lots of children use it and some people are just not as hygienic as others, so maybe that needs to be checked on a more regular basis.

Overall really good time had by all & 50p cheaper than bowling per child.

1  Thank arnold535
Andy R, Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your son's Birthday Party. I am pleased he and his friends had such a good time. I am sorry to read that your son hurt his head, aside from the safety briefing there are numerous diagrammatic instruction signs around the track showing how and where to slow down.

We have this week put up more posters emphasising that our baby change area is downstairs, but I will get my team to check the toilets more frequently so that we can spot any problems.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back at the Centre in the near future.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Bought myself and my boyfriend a private snowboarding lesson at the ski centre as a valentines present.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the instructor was patient and kind with us as we hadnt been on a board before. by the end of the session we both had the hang of snowboarding and felt comfortable to try some moves out.

we really enjoyed the session, we learnt a lot and are planning to make it a regular thing!

Andy R, Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Hi Teaqueen. Thank you for your review and positive comments regarding the Centre. I am really pleased you and your boyfriend had an enjoyable lesson and you continue to learn this great activity.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Visited the centre about a month with three children ..
We purchased some tickets for the ski slope and the toboggan run which at around a tenner was great value for money .
We hadnt eaten so decided to have some breakfast which was just basic fried food so i was shocked when it took half an hour to cook ..My partner twice went to ask the teenage girl serving if she could wipe the table from which i cleared myself in the first place..She seemed to be more intrested in having a laugh with the other male teenager who was working there!
On looking around the place i couldnt help noticing there was unused equipment and lots of wood etc that looked like it had been there for years?
Even when i was on the climb to the top of the toboggan run all i seemed to do is look at bits of tin and bits of rotten plywood!
I cant complain about the ride itself as its fantastic ...I think with a bit of effort and a week to tidy up it could be much better...At the moment it resembles a gypsy site!
Ive worked and managed some big atracttions and they all have their areas for rubbish etc but its usually off public view!
I like the fact that the manager replies to the reviews on here and would like to add that the criticism is aimed at pointing out things that i feel could improve the centre as a visitor attraction !
I now own my own visitor attraction and can see great potential in the place .
I also know that funding can also be a problem but cleaning the place of rubbish isnt going to cost the earth and would 100 per cent improve the look .

3  Thank PAUL K

Hi Paul

Thank you for writing a review of the Centre it is appreciated. I do certainly take on board your comments about the ride up on the toboggan. The "Gypsy site" is the freestyle clubs ramps and rails that are used every week for our freestyle night. I will speak to the organiser of the club and see if we can get rid of any unused pieces of equipment and get them to have a tidy up. Now you have mentioned, it I will look at maybe getting some bushes planted up the side of the uplift to help. Thank you again for your constructive comments.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Have recently Learnt to ski at Chatham, and had a couple of lessons from Gavin. Really enjoyed myself, wish I had started sooner! If your looking to have some fun and get some exercise this is the sport to try. The equipment is good, and staff helpful and friendly. The slope is plenty high enough and the toboggan is good fun too! Top marks to Gavin who gave me a great first lesson and gave me the confidence to continue.. He is a credit to the ski center and I'm so pleased, I'm looking to book a lesson for my wife with him. Top marks Chatham ski center ( and Gav )! - James

Hi James. Thank you for taking the time to review the Centre your comments are really appreciated. I am really pleased you had a good lesson with Gavin. He is one our newly qualified ski instructors and just shows our in house instructor training scheme is a good one!. We do pride ourselves on the quality of our ski and snowboard school and it is crucial to the success of the business.
I am also pleased that you found my team helpful and friendly as this is also important to me.
I will make sure Gavin sees your review!