Open today: 10:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
Snowboarding Lessons

Booked my son in for lessons here. The instructor he has is very good and he enjoyed his first... read more

Reviewed 6 January 2019
Henhurst
Cobham, United Kingdom
Pleasant visit

We visited here on a Saturday afternoon as a family of four, 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 5... read more

Reviewed 22 December 2018
Missmos1
Dartford, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews snow tubing great fun birthday party dry slope hour lesson cannot fault my daughter ski lessons private lesson group lesson an hour wait half term doughnuts staff were lovely own pace only downside two hours
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My daughter's friend had a party here in the summer.
All the kids got 2 goes on the toboggan run and 30 mins on the snow tubes - all inclusive of food.
You get a token for the toboggan run and are supervised on the snow-tubes
The toboggan run and snow tubes are fabulous fun and each child can take an adult on if required (yes, I went on)
The food was actually very good. Yes, it was the bog standard burger, nuggets or hot dog meals that this type of venue seems to think all children love (they don't!) but it was more appetizing than the norm
Overall an expensive party idea, but lots of fun

Date of experience: July 2013
2  Thank keycamp-reveller
Andy R, General Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Stefan - Thank you for taking time to review the Centre and your kind comments. Regards Andy Rushton

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The staff at this place are amazing and are the best i have ever
had, I would totally recommend this to lots of people and I have already recommended it to my cousin and 5 of my friends. You can do skiing, snowboarding and tobogganing. They even do parties for the family and friends. If your an advanced skier or boarder you can hit the ramps and rails on Thursdays at 8PM.

Date of experience: April 2014
1  Thank Stefan R
Andy R, General Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My 13 year old wanted to do something a bit different for his birthday with his friends and brothers. We have never been snowboarding or skiing and right from the initial enquiry everything was great. The lady on reception was very friendly and welcoming, and Bob, the instructor, was great with the boys. They had a blast. I must admit having booked and then read the reviews posted I was a little concerned, and yes, compared to other places, the facilities in parts could be deemed a little dated but never unaccpetable. But you forget all that when the boys have such a good time and I would rather the staff gave the kids something very positive to remember. Well they did that in spades so thanks to all and especially Bob. I never post reviews but felt that I needed to help set the record straight here. Yes it was not during the day in a school holiday, but pick your time right and you won't be disappointed. We will be back as will the boys and their friends...

Date of experience: March 2014
1  Thank Peter M

Peter - Thank you for taking the time out to review the Centre, I am so very pleased that your son and his friends had such a great snowboard lesson with Bob.From what I remember he particularly he enjoyed teaching them as well. I will pass on your comments to him as I know he will appreciate them. We hope to see you and your family back at the Centre to maybe try out the other activities. Regards Andy Rushton

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I just travelled 100 miles to arrive at the centre with my eleven year old son. It is half term so I expected queues. My son was really excited after looking on the website at all the activities we could participate in. There is ample free parking which is a bonus and appreciated. Upon arriving at reception I enquired as to what activites we could do, I was asked if either of us could ski, I explained that I could but my son had never tried, I was told that he would have to have lessons, but given no further explanation, I was told that one of the activities was closed, and that there was a one hour wait to go on the toboggan, I was also informed that he could go on the nursery slopes in two hours to ride on the rubber rings (brilliant for a very young child) but not for my son. We decided to eat in the restaurant and try again in an hour. The eatery was fine, the food fresh and the staff welcoming. The only downside was that the area where you order food from was compact and very near the door, this made people line up outside, add this to staff coming in and out of the kitchen area to deliver food to tables, made for an unecessarily congested area, chock a block with prams,children and adults. If the area were relocated further inside the restaurant
this initial unpleasantness could be quite easily and inexpensively avoided.The menu was realtively varied and included a childrens menu and vegetarian option, excellent! We had quite a long wait for our food but this was not a problem and we had good views of the slopes. We ventured to the reception again and was informed that there was still an hour wait for the tobogans, and the wait for the nursey slopes was one and a half hours. We purchased two tickets each for the toboggan and lined up, this is where we then stood for TWO HOURS! People were getting more miserable by the minute. The line wasnt even really that long. There was often gaps of a few minutes between eah rider, and this was totally unecessary. A rider should be seated every fifteen seconds MAXIMUM! there is absolutely no reason for them not to be. We did not have another ride as we would not have had time. This place has the location and facilites to make a lot of money, but sadly its assets are not being utilised, for example, thirty minute slots for beginners on the nursery slopes to practice snowboarding would be fantastic during term times, when rides are broken then another activity could be put into place - talks on tehnique, or short films for example. Hot beverages could be served around the slopes and not just in the restaurant. A photographer could take souvenier snaps for people to purchase at the end of the day. The overall area was clean and tidy, the staff were polite and friendly - however as I had not visited this attraction before and informed the staff of this - i would have appreciated being given more information, either verbally or via literature. I would not visit this attraction again unless more attention were given to detail. It does not need lots of money spent on it, it needs a bit of thought, time and attention.

Date of experience: February 2014
2  Thank tippycornish
Andy R, Manager at Chatham Ski and Snowboard Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you Tippycornish for your review of the Centre it is appreciated. Looking at the the date of your review I think you visited us during the half-term week, which just happened to be the busiest weeks the Centre has ever had.
Catering
I take on board your comments about the queue in the cafe area, we are constrained by an initial poor kitchen design and we are limited by this.
Cresta Run
The toboggan run was as busy as we have ever known and due to the uniqueness of the ride whereby riders control their own speed of decent , some may come down the run at a slower speed than others. Therefore we have to set riders off with what we think would be a sufficient time gap, so that the run operates safely. The management team monitor the queues and we do limit tickets being sold to be fair to those customers already queuing.
Lessons
We offered 1 hour "taster lessons" throughout the week for skiing and snowboarding. These ended up being fully booked due to the unprecedented demand following the Olympics and we will offer the same great value lessons during the next Easter holidays.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived on one of the nicest days of the year so far along with everyone else. Although we did have to queue for about 30 minutes between each turn we still enjoyed it. One thing I will say is that it could be better organised with regard to the people on the party groups who can jump the queue as it caused us to leave when we had not had all of our turns as they were having 3 turns to our one. All in all the staff were friendly and we would go again.

Date of experience: February 2014
2  Thank Melissa C

Thank you Melissa for taking the time out to review the Centre. I am pleased you had a good day with us. At weekends we do have a number of Birthday Parties running and they do get priority queuing as they have paid extra for this. This normally lasts for 30 minutes each hour as they then generally move onto taking part in sno-tubing. We only ever take one party booking per hour.
I hope it didn't spoil your time with us too much. Regards