“Bullies & Bad Ethics”
Review of Planet Ice

Planet Ice
Ranked #16 of 20 things to do in Gillingham
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Okay so what can i say about this ice rink

Simple
When arriving there you may be lucky enough to get to the ice rink and get your rental skates without having any troubles but thats when the normalities end

This is because the ice marshalls are all under 25 and do not know the first thing about safety and like to bully people there

I know this as i simply asked 8 regulars that went there where one marshall (blonde with glasses) would swear at one of the people there and i saw them give one set of rules to one person and diffrent to others

If you are planning in having a casual skate you wont be able to have that without ice marshalls or hockey skaters (which have there own time) will get intimidating close to you at high speeds making you think they are going to tackle you

Dont go especially during winter im sure you will find a seasonal rink nearby

4  Thank cameron219
"speed skating"
"daughters birthday"
"staff were friendly"

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Booked Silver Blades for my 9 year old daughters birthday as she loves skating. I paid £114.50 for 8 Children, which includes 4 adults to accompany. This was all done online in a very unfussy easy to achieve way. On arrival I went to the till to advise of our arrival, but was advised that our party host would come find us at the right time. I went away feeling dubious, and got the kids busy on the arcade. As promised, we were met right on time by Alice Boxall, our party host. Alice introduced herself to all the kids and took them off the party room, then off to get skates. The package included 4 skate aids which were allocated with the skates. These proved invaluable for the new to the ice kids. Alice was able to be with the kids for a fair portion of their time on the ice, but this wasn't uninterrupted, however the rink was exceptionally busy.
The kids really enjoyed their experience, the food offered following the skating session was pizza and wedges, which was great for the kids, and more than enough was provided. Alice herself was a delight, friendly, interactive and accommodating of our needs. Really gelled well with the kids too. We'll be back next year it seems!

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

It seems that you have to pay for admission into the building and then you pay to skate and then pay for skate hire if you need it. To pay over £30 for 1 adult and 2 children and none of us needed skate hire is ridiculous especially when the condition of the ice is appalling. I’ve never paid that much before so it looks like they have increased prices since changing to Planet Ice. We won’t be back in a hurry!!!

2  Thank Bizzybaz1977
Reviewed 30 December 2017

My son and I went there today and we have been told we have only 20 min to skate. I didn't want to upset my boy and go home strait away as he was looking forward to it ,so I have payed for 2 tickets. In the end I have asked in reception is there any money off /voucher for next visit available? The answer was a very cold " NO " !!
Just a pound or two off for a next visit to make a customer happy?? I have payed £22.00 for 20 min.! Happy New Year !! Never go there again and wouldn't recommend to my friends and family

9  Thank idolynna
See more reviews
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Took my 4 and 8 year old and teenager over Christmas. Don’t think you can beat ice skating. Great fun. Thrills and spills. Shrieking kids and smiles.

Whole visit was expensive. But then most family days out and activities are. The hire skates are hit and miss. The overall condition and cleanliness of the facilities are shocking. The toilets were disgusting. My four year old commented on how bad they were!!

Think they should close for a week to deep clean.

1  Thank Luke T
SilverBlades04, General Manager at Planet Ice, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your review, we have had an issue with drainage (the toilets) this has since been rectified. I am so sorry that it spoilt your visit. Due to the time of year the contractors required were on leave so we had to wait all day for assistance.

Please email us, as we would like to make it up to you.

claire.reading-moorhouse@planet-ice.co.uk