“Good but dirty” 3 of 5 bubbles

Kent, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good but dirty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Had a nice day at the strand pool but I have to say it needs a good clean! I have honestly never seen so many dead flies in the water! Cigarette butts everywhere sweet wrappers in the water! At that was when it had just opened! Basically loads of teenagers working there who can't be bothered to tidy it up. Shame though as my kids loved it there just didn't enjoy flies in their hair :-/

2 Thank Wannie06

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent day at The Strand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a lovely few hours here yesterday, with two three year olds.

We took their buckets and spades, so they could play in the sand pit, had a picnic under one of the many trees, then spent an hour in the paddling pool.

Pool was reasonably clean, there was some litter, but that could easily have just been dropped as we got there after lunch. Water in the pool was nice and clean though.

Take a ball or something though as there are no slides or water jets. (Ours played with their buckets so were quite happy)

Bouncy castle was over priced, but everything else was very reasonable.

Even the parking was free!

2 Thank Vikki T
Maidstone, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Fab day out for young and old”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Visited today and was amazed how well run and clean the whole park pools and facilities were. So much to do there including mini golf which is only 1.50 each and my grandson loved it. The free paddling pool is great for little ones and there is a cafe and picnic areas two play parks and bouncy castles..that's without the large outdoor pool which is 4.90 a session one of the sessions end at 2.30 so get there early to make the most of it ! It's very clean and lots of space to sit and eat a picnic ..the pool has a lazy river and small pool and deep area for older children. You can buy a double wrist band if you want to stay all day there is also a beach .fab!

3 Thank julie m
“Free parking, free paddling pool and play parks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just spent a brilliant afternoon here with 2 friends and our 3 under 2 year olds. We had a lovely time. There is a nice shady picnic park round the corner, they loved the little play area in the sand and they also had a good paddle in the play pool, a cheap ice cream (they do kiddie size if you ask) and then another play on the swings. We were there for nearly 3 hours and even the parking was free. Only tip would be to bring a toy or 2 for the paddling pool as there isn't a slide or anything. That said, I'd definitely recommend it.

kent
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“It was great but now a rip off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Have just come back from the strand lido it used to be pay and stay as long as you wanted to as it has been for the past 6 years that I have lived in Medway but they changed to x 3 3 hour session but you are not told 9:30-12:30 13:00-16:00 16:30-19:00 when you pay the same amount as last year for as long as you want and get in at 11am and the told you have to get out a hour and half later after buying an inflatable for £8 at 12 o'clock but still not told until the announce it I've a p/a system told the staff at pool that u had only been in for a hour and a half and was offers a green pass for myself my partner and daughter for £40 but we could use the crazy golf minni railway bouncy castle but all we wanted to do was swim I said I'd pay for another session of swimming witch was another £12 pound but told we would have to get up and que again to get in total joke
I used to love this place but now I don't think I will be ever going back feel like I've been totally ripped off and totally uninformed well done Medway council great way to ruin a great attraction

Visited June 2014