“Good stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gillingham
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Staff very nice and helpful would stay again nice hotel good location caters for everyone cleaners attended daily also clean towels daily, food was lovely, an ironing room was also available to use with ironing board and wifi

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank loracyam
stephendegiorgio, Manager at The King Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our staff very nice.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Hungarian first
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed for two nights to attend a wedding couldn't moan at anything for the price we paid breakfast was good staff were pleasant but have to mention Jo who was extremely friendly helpful and cheerful, nothing was to much trouble for her she's a credit to the hotel! Will definitely stay again if in the area!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Floomegro

It is always nice to read comments about individual staff members, and I know they really do appreciate it.

I am glad you found the hotel value for money, and I look forward to welcoming you again.
Cardenden, Scotland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel before and as it is the only one near Gillingham town centre ie 5 minute walk to the end of the high street, it was ideal for my recent trip down to Kent.

Room was tidy, clean and had the usual facilities, shower and bathroom both very clean. Had bar supper both evenings, the food was plentiful, lots of choice on the menu and served as quick as one would expect. Bar prices were reasonable and staff were very friendly and chatty. Breakfast times are perfect for both work travellers and leisure travellers (6.30-10am) and the menu is really good.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Alana

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank alanaj_71
The best recommendation we can have is always a returning guest, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us again.
We do have a loyalty card scheme for returning guests, so please ask at reception the next time you stay for the details.
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were a small group of friends staying a few days to explore the area and had 4 nts at the hotel. The staff are all welcoming and helpful. The hotel is large and has ample parking, sitting on the edge of Gillingham near open parkland, yet only 10 mins walk from the town centre and just 20 mins walk from the Historic Dockyard at nearby Chatham. You could walk from Gillingham Railway station if you wished, or take a 5 min taxi ride.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I was impressed by the attentiveness of staff-when I contacted Reception to say my room required towels there was someone at my door within minutes. Breakfasts are good, there is ample choice and friendly service. One of our group, who preferred only a very light breakfast each day was always offered a sandwich to take away, which we felt was a nice touch. There are restaurant facilities, but we ate in the bar area-the bar meals are very good value for money and there is plenty of choice, accompanied by efficient service.

This is a good place to stay and considering its location in the London commuter belt is reasonably priced-I would go again.

Room Tip: The hotel is near a main road-although it is not particularly noticeable, it is worth asking for a r...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Richard_B190744

Offering value for money is always a priority for us, and I am glad you found this to be the case.

Having both bar meals and an a la carte restaurant does give us more options, and it is good to read that you enjoyed your meals with us.

I hope you will visit us again if you decide to explore Medway a little bit further.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel to attend party in one of their events room. Room was basic but clean with comfortable beds and huge shower. Staff were really helpful and the food we had during stay , evening meal one day and sandwiches next day, was really good value, well cooked and large portions. Breakfast was also great . only gripe would have preferred own coffee pot on table rather than having to keep fetching refills. Would certainly use again if need to stay in area again

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Sueawt

I hope you enjoyed your party in our function room, and I am glad that you were happy with your stay.

It is always good to read that you found our staff really helpful, as this is something aspire to excel at.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again for your next event.
Bury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel does not look fabulous from the ouside,but if you are looking for a value for money hotel this is definately the one for you,clean tidy and with everything you need to get your head down for the night and be comfortable, I use it a lot when visiting the family and I can not fault the staff in fact I can not praise them enough. nothing is too much trouble they are welcoming and proffesional and put othe hotels to shame with their customer service, I will always use this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah G
stephendegiorgio, Manager at The King Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your recent review.
The best recommendation we can have is always a returning guest, and we are very happy to see that you like coming back to our hotel.
It is always nice when the staff are praised, and I am glad that they make you feel welcome.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Salobrena, Spain
Reviewed 30 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed here on a Saturday night in January - it is ideally located for those families whose children compete at the South East region trampoline centre - a five minute walk away - and who need a bed for the night before. We liked the fact that it was an old building - that added to its charm. The staff were welcoming and polite. Our room was absolutely spotless and a delight. Only grumble about the room is that the mattress was very uncomfortable, we had to sleep on top of the duvet (room 116) and was stiflingly hot even with window open. Unfortunately there were 3 functions that night so opening the window meant we couldn't sleep til nearly midnight then had to contend with slamming doors and noisy kettles boiling, toilets flushing. However - we still had a great stay - daughter so excited to be in a hotel, cheesy chips fantastic, best we've had, steak ok, staff so friendly and helpful,drinks very reasonably priced and good choice if wines from the bar. And they opened dining room early Sunday morning for us and others competing at local centre and we had a fabulous freshly cooked full English breakfast at 8am. Fun time, good value for money. Recommendations to owners - get rid of,the fish tanks - are far too many poor fish crammed into,them - maybe replace with lobsters for dinner!!!

Room Tip: Are some downstairs rooms. Ask for a room in quiet part if a function on.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Melissa B
stephendegiorgio, Manager at The King Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed with your recent stay at the hotel. We are a family run business and although we cannot compete with the larger corporate chains of hotels on budgets and advertising, we do pride ourselves on our service, cleanliness and word of mouth recommendations.
We do try to offer value for money in both our bar and restaurant, and I am happy that you enjoyed the choices we offer.
I hope your daughter did well in the competition, and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gillingham
Premier Inn Chatham/Gillingham (Victory Pier) Hotel
Ship & Trades
#5 of 6 in Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels
Premier Inn Rochester Hotel

Been to The King Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!