“Very home away from home!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The King Charles Hotel

The King Charles Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gillingham
Essex
“Very home away from home!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My partner and I enjoyed a two night stay at this lovely hotel.
The staff were very nice.
The breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.
The bar menu was very tasty.
The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
And we noticed that they allow pets.
We are already booked in again for their show, meal and stay package deal with our daughters in July.
I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
stephendegiorgio, Manager at The King Charles Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your review.
The best review we can have is when a guest tells us that they are returning, and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in July.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Hungarian first
Reading
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Interesting reading others comments before we went, we found staff excellent & polite. Beds were excellent and very comfortable. Breakfast excellent and decent sausages which is always a measure of a good English breakfast. Also good staffing our 5 year old boy wanted to get his own juice (quite independent) and was sensitively assisted by one of the lovely female members of staff saved his dignity etc. My only small issue was my wife & I could have stayed for £35 but because we needed a 3 bedded room it cost us an extra £30. Still I am not complaining as besides some rubbish under the bed when I moved the beds together it was an excellent stay, a good quite night stay with a good breakfast. If needing to stay in the area again we would go back. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: A convienent location if needing a stopover with a arrestee of good beds & breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.
As a family run hotel the children are just as important to us as any other guest, and I am always happy to read a review that shows my staff have looked after the children as well. I myself have been to many chain hotels where the children are just ignored and treated as if they were not there.
I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

What a big lovely hotel,loads parking great location on arrival,seems like a Spanish hotel staff very helpful food was very nice god choice on menus etc little,bit of road noise but not too bad don't like toilet dispensers that give one square at a time big hate of mine haha !! Mostly room acceptable but tired on decor etc and cleaners not earning there money should be cleaner in my yes than it was thus is the most important factor to get right if you want returning customers refurb would do wonders :-)

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.
We are currently refurbishing all of our bedrooms, and this should be completed very soon.
I hope you will visit us again if you are in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Gillingham hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here overnight en route to our destination. We had paid only £35 for a double room, en suite plus breakfast on a Sunday night

The hotel was in need of some TLC in places - but it was very clean and bright. The bed was comfortable and there was a cubicle with a hot and powerful shower.

Being Sunday, there was no restaurant but a good choice of food at the bar. We really enjoyed our burgers and chips - I didn't ask, but the burgers appeared to be "home made" rather than pre packed. Breakfast was substantial with a choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurt, juices and continental or cooked choices - and good quality.

Staff were all friendly, efficient and helpful. All in all, a pleasant stay and I don't know how they did it for the money.
Note to Hotel - This is NOT an invitation to raise your prices as we may well return!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.
One of our main aims is to offer excellent value for money, and I can assure you we have no plans to raise our prices at the moment!
A lot of our food is homemade, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

I'm writing this review whilst staying over for the night on a Business meeting early tomorrow.

The room is clean and tidy, with a nice fresh smell to the bedding. I ordered lasagna for my meal in the bar.....one of the nicest meals I've had in a while, very tasty ( thank you Chef), the waiter was helpful with a nice smile.

I will be using this hotel again and will recommend to my Colleagues.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your homemade Lasagne, and I will pass your comments onto our chef.
I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.
Dereham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have visited this hotel many times, and have always received a great welcome, and have found that nothing is too much trouble. Will organise a special dinner in the restaurant for that important occasion, and if things do go wrong for the visitor, everyone of the staff will do everything in their power to easy the situation and to make sure that the client is looked after in a most unassuming way but with concern and professionalism. I will continue to use this hotel for my future visits to Gillingham. Food is excellent, staff are helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms away from front of hotel are much more quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.
It is important to us to be flexible in any situation, and this is something we can offer as an independent hotel. We do not have the fixed rules and rigidity of the larger chain hotels, and I hope this comes across to our guests.
I am glad you will continue to use our hotel, and please let us know if there is anything we can do to enhance your stays with us.
lydd kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

great hotel always made welcome very friendly staff very clean rooms food excellent
naval reunion catered for and always good fun.
stayed here many times and always been looked after well. close proximity to chatham
historic dockyard. 10 min to Gillingham football ground.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review.
We look forward to getting to know our returning guests, as you are more than just a room number to us.
I hope you will continue to stay with us when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gillingham
Premier Inn Chatham/Gillingham (Victory Pier) Hotel
Ship & Trades
Ship & Trades
#5 of 6 in Chatham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Been to The King Charles Hotel? Share your experiences!