“Great atmosphere, great shopping !”
Review of Hempstead Valley

Hempstead Valley
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Gillingham
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have been visiting and shopping at Hempstead valley since it first opened,we still love the vibrant happy feeling that reigns supreme,even window shopping is a day out! The selection of shops and eateries is great! We love the food department in Marks and spencer if we fancy a treat and for the weekly grocery shop you can't beat Sainsburys which has a huge selection from " cheap and cheerful" right through to gourmet selections,it sounds a bit sad but I LOVE my visits there.I can also indulge my love of fashion both for me and my home.there are lovely jewellers and even a good sized Boots the Chemists for your health needs. This sounds a bit like an advert but I genuinely love this place especially at Christmas!!

3  Thank ChristineHubbard

Reviewed 26 August 2013

It is fine for a quick shop, or a wander. But really needs enlarging and improving, its falling behind the times ... handy for locals but I would not travel to visit. not with a very large shopping mall nearby. needs to double in size at least, and offer a better shopping experience.

1  Thank DustyDee10
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This shopping centre is only about a mile away from my house, so I call in quite often.

Hempstead Valley Shopping Centre was built in the late 1970's and had an extension in the mid 1990's.

There are some good shops here, such as Sainsburys, Marks and Spencers and Argos.

Hempstead Valley is quite compact, and if I go out to look for something like a pair of shoes, I nearly always find what I want at Hempstead. In some of the large shopping centres the choice is almost bewildering. There are less shops at Hempstead, but the shops are ones that I like shopping in.

It's a good place to meet friends for coffee, at the M & S café or the ubiquitous Costa. There is also a food court, but this is the one area of the centre which looks a little dated.

It's probably not worth a long journey just to visit this shopping centre, but if you are in the area, it's certainly worth a look.

1  Thank Goldie1520
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I like Hempstead valley I drive up there from Canterbury,
It is an easy journey up the M2 .
Everything is all under one roof it's not big and I like that
They have a good variety of shops and a good food hall
With a good range of food they have a big sainsbury supermarket
Which sells every thing.nice clothes shops.
It's worth going to.

2  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is a typical out of town centre built in the 70's. it is showing signs of wear but a refurbishment and enlargement is on the drawing board. Apart from a M&S, BHS and Sainsbury, there is just a collection of the usual small shops. For locals only and not worth visiting from afar. Those coming from the east would do better to visit BlueWater, and those from elsewhere, well go to BlueWater.

1  Thank KentTommo