“Good meal and service”

Star & Eagle Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Star & Eagle Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Goudhurst
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Isfield, East Sussex
“Good meal and service”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We visited the restaurant as I had eaten here many years ago and we were staying nearby at our Son's house who has recently moved to Kent. Good meal and service - lovely room ans building and overall a very pleasant evening.

• Visited April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've had”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is one of the very best places that I have eaten in.
The food was fantastic, as was the service.
The menu is big enough without being too big.
You pay for what you get - cheap and cheerful it isn't! Moderately priced and fantastic it is!
I will definitely return.

Staplehurst, United Kingdom
“So tasty!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've eaten in the Star & Eagle quite a few times now, including a wedding breakfast. The food and service is always top quality and is also reasonably priced.

I introduced the Star & Eagle to my parents at the start of the year and we have been back 4 times already as they were so impressed and really enjoy eating here.

Give it whirl - you won't be disappointed!

• Visited March 2014
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Rude Service”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We visited on a busy Sunday lunchtime and ordered baguettes for a light lunch after a walk. It was a sunny day and the restaurant was extremely busy. We had to wait absolutely ages for our order (well over an hour for four baguettes). When we went to the bar to inquire politely,how much longer it would take one of the staff muttered under her breath (but so that we could hear) "well, what do they expect when they are only ordering sandwiches". We are reasonable people and can tolerate a wait, especially when they were so busy and would have liked a polite, informed answer to our question. Needless to say, we have not revisited!

Visited June 2013
Karin M, Owner at Star & Eagle Restaurant, responded to this review, 8 November 2014
Hello There

I am sorry to read that one of my staff was rude to you and muttering under her breath. Not a good advert for my business! We normally have baguettes cooked ready at lunchtime if it's busy and am horrified to learn you waited such a long time. It is somthing I will definitely look into. There is no excuse for rudness so I do apologise on behalf of all of us here at The Star and Eagle. Thank you for pointing this out to me I will be on the lookout
Pevensey, United Kingdom
“Superb Menu & Quality Food”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Made an ad hoc booking at this restaurant whilst in the area with friends, and we were all very pleased that we did. Extremely friendly service when we arrived, with drinks brought over to us in the bar before going into the restaurant. We were given the right amount of time to consider our choices from the Menu or Specials Board beiofre ordering, and once our starters were ready we were ushered to the dining room. I have to say Wow, becuase when it arrived it not only looked impressive but it had a taste to match. Again, prompt service brought our main courses and again, superb quality food. The only problem we all had was that there was no room for any of the delicious looking desserts. May be next time!
Exceptionally friendly and polite staff so we will definitely re visit.

• Visited March 2014