“Wow wow wow”

The Green Cross Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Goudhurst
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Wow wow wow”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My son and I have eaten here several times and are delighted every time! The menu is pretty large which is sometimes worrying with the quality,this doesn't seem to be the case here! I'm delighted to say every choice has been gorgeous. The moules are so fresh and beautifully cooked and seasoned,the aubergine divine.the seafood pasta can't be faulted!
This lovely establishment serves the highest standard of food in a village pub and is a glorious find,the staff are friendly and attentive and I can't fault the service! If you are looking to eat anywhere near goudhurst please try it! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013

London
“Fantastic every time”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have had several meals at the green cross, and they have all been spot on. Great mussels, the crab is divine, the belly pork comes with proper crackling. Really, really good at a great price. They are kids friendly, but sit us away from kids when we went with friends!

• Visited November 2013
Dover, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Delicious food and friendly, efficient, caring service. We asked to be accommodated an hour earlier than our reservation, but Caroline happily obliged despite there being a large group in the restaurant to serve as well. The serving staff were very attentive, and well-trained; I felt that they genuinely were interested in what I thought of the meal. The scallops were delicious and cooked to perfecton although, for my taste, a little over-salted. Will definitely return!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank JABDover
Staplehurst, United Kingdom
“Superb meal”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Comfy pub serving delicious fish dishes all cooked to perfection. Vast selection to suit all tastes.
Our moules were heavenly, cooked just right. Service was friendly, fast and efficient. Good prices as their years of experience ensure a quality fish meal no matter what you order.
Will definitely be returning.

• Visited October 2013
Blackwood, United Kingdom
“Nice break”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I thought the food was very good and a lot of choice on the menu. Service
was also very good, but we were very disappointed when we came to pay the bill. I noticed that we had been charged twice for our desserts and twice for my dessert wine and when we told the owner she didn't seem surprised, which annoyed me very much. We visited this restaurant as we were away on a mini break but if we ever visited again I would try a different restaurant as one does not like to be ripped off.

• Visited September 2013