“Wow, what a find!”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Goudhurst
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Went to Goudhurst to visit an old friend. He suggested, being a long established local, that we visit the Green Cross Inn, as they serve the best fish dishes this side of Padstow! We were not disappointed and only wish that we had more time to enjoy the fabulous menu. Being lunch time we opted for the Avocado Crab Bake, delicious and a meal in itself. The staff were courteous and efficient, the coffee fantastic! All too often some good restaurants fail at the final hurdle, the coffee, fortunately not the Green Cross Inn. Life is too short for bad coffee!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

I meet up with a very dear friend once a month and we have tried every restaurant in Goudhurst except here. We decided to give it a go and I must say the gentleman behind the bar was friendly, polite, courteous and madw us feel very welcome.
Obviously Tuesday's are not the busiest of nights; we were the only ones there, ut soon filled up andi must say the sea bass was excellent. My friend had the spaghetti with beef and it fell apart. Good choice of wines, beer and soft drinks.
Amazing choice on the menu. That impressed I've decided to take hubby there for valentine's day so hoping to get a truly 10/10 service and food again.

1  Thank Hannah J
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have had several visits here mainly with elderly relatives for a decent lunch.

My last visit was a disaster. My mother ordered sole at £32. It arrived dry as a crisp with the edges turned up and going brown. Looked as if it had spent a lot too long on the hot plate. She left part of it uneaten.

I had paella and got food poisoning. I was as sick as a dog for a week and have developed an allergy to prawns in consequence. Every time I eat a prawn I am now violently ill having managed them for 60 years with no problems.

Safe to say that will be my last visit to the Green Cross.

1  Thank DavidP26
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Really enjoyed our first visit. The food was delicious, so fresh and beautifully cooked. We all had scallop linguine, which was very tasty. The main courses were skate and sea bass, which were both beautiful. The owners and the staff were really friendly and attentive. We look forward to returning very soon.

1  Thank Jules11lv
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My son and I have eaten here several times and are delighted every time! The menu is pretty large which is sometimes worrying with the quality,this doesn't seem to be the case here! I'm delighted to say every choice has been gorgeous. The moules are so fresh and beautifully cooked and seasoned,the aubergine divine.the seafood pasta can't be faulted!
This lovely establishment serves the highest standard of food in a village pub and is a glorious find,the staff are friendly and attentive and I can't fault the service! If you are looking to eat anywhere near goudhurst please try it! You won't be disappointed!