“Superb Value For Money.”

Weald of Kent Golf Course & Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Headcorn
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I really cannot understand the petty whinges of some reviewers I have seen here.
Sure this is a 'green' establishment that uses non-mains water in the bathrooms, but for tea & coffee there is a plentiful supply of good water (hot and cold) in the foyer and a jug, kettle, cups and glasses to fill up with.
The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful, despite it being after 10.00pm on Sunday night.
I slept like a top in a hot (can they help the British weather) but fan-cooled room.
The building is spotless, the rooms are plenty big enough, while the bathrooms put many a 4-star hotel I stay at to shame.
Need I say more - full marks and the best fifty quid I've spend in England on a hotel for many years.
Thank you all.

Room Tip: Don't fret, just relax and enjoy the place.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David C

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed here for one night.

The lodge is set back from the main road in a golf ground. Most guests appeared to be there for this purpose.

Check in was swift and we chose to have dinner in the restaurant rather than head straight to our room first. Service was impeccable, the food was good and portions generous. Bar service manned by the same staff was equally efficient.

We stayed in room 1 which was sufficient in size and had good basic decor which was immaculate along with the bathroom, which included a big bath and shower. Basic coffee facilities provided in room, drinking water can be obtained from the hallway. Bed was comfortable and clean.

Sound did travel early in the morning, but it wasn't a problem for us as we had to be up early.

We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Benenden.

Room Tip: Away from the entrance to the lodge.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I booked this hotel for one night to visit some friends that live locally.

The reception is within the bar in the golf pavilion (19th hole) and seems rather an after thought. After much confusion of when I had booked the reservation was eventually found and I was checked in to room 12 with my credit card charged. I was given the keys and given directions to the room - all the rooms are in a separate building a couple of minutes walk away.

Having arrived at the hotel building I used the key to enter the main door and went upstairs to where the room was. The key was entered, the green light came on, the door opened and there in front of us was a man already in the room and unpacked! Highly embarrassed (both he and us) we retreated back to the 'reception' and explained what had happened. Whilst they were apologetic I was not offered any explanation other than they didn't know who had been checked into room 12 as my booking was on the system in that room. I wasn't even offered any compensation which would have been nice, even if it were a free drink!

I was rebooked into room 1 and hurried back to my waiting girlfriend. We entered the room, somewhat gingerly in case we experienced the same problem. All was well but given our horror of walking in on someone we attempted to lock the door from the inside but it didn't work!!

Whilst the room is basic it was clean and tidy and I couldn't fault anything within it but given the fear that someone could just be given a key to get into our room we didn't sleep particularly well.

Overall I would say that the facilities are good but the service and procedures are somewhat lacking.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gary M
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Another 4 night stay in yet another hotel while travelling around the UK with work.
The Headcorn Lodge was value for money. The room was a decent size, very clean, quite, & comfortable. Staff very welcoming. I did not eat at the hotel, but the menu prices looked very reasonable & I'm sure the food is up to a good standard as a lot of people ate there during my stay. Mobile signal was hit & miss, but there is a pay phone in the entrance to the rooms. The only thing I was not keen on was that the drinking water was from a dispenser which was in the lobby, so if you wanted to fill the kettle or have a glass of water you had to use the dispenser, other than that the hotel was really good, & I would stay again if I in that area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Yakamatutsi
Reviewed 11 December 2012

A comfortable accommodation in a lovely setting on a golf course.
The Full English breakfast was almost too big, and including cereals, toast, fruit juice, tea and coffee really set you up for the day.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tottenham27
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding and both nights we got very little sleep. The room was unbearably hot at night even though it wasn't warm outside and the window was wide open. There is no drinkable water in the room so you have to go to the lobby to fill up combined with being very warm this was quite unpleasant. There was a barely working fan in the room that created as much wind as an arthritic butterfly and smelt rather strange. In fact on our second night the fire alarm went off because someone had left their fan on in their room and it had smelt so bad the smoke alarm has assumed the hotel was on fire.

The room and bathroom were adequate, but the sound proofing was almost nil. This combined with the fact that the fire door was not soft close meant that any time someone returned to a room at night there was a huge bang that reverberated around the whole lodge. My partner spent both nights with her earplugs in which isn't the most relaxing way to sleep. This was also due to the golf course being right outside and an industrial lawnmower passing close by at around 7am, plus ducks and geese waking us up at 5am (Can't really blame the hotel for that!).

For the whole time we were there the internet didn't function, and to call the front desk, again you had to go to the foyer. We were told someone was working on it, but clearly they didn't quite know what they were doing.

I've given the hotel a 2 star rating however because the breakfast staff and food were excellent. The first morning we turned up late (Had read the hours for the weekend) and were allowed to pick something off the menu, and the buffet the next morning was great with local sausages and bacon

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gothnak
Reviewed 13 August 2012

A group of us were working at the Nearby Headcorn Aerodrome and needed accommodation. Headcorn Lodge turned out to be perfect. The rooms are fairly basic (travel lodge style) but are clean and perfectly comfortable.
We found the staff in the bar were brilliant. We we made to feel very welcome and got great service. The food was good and well priced too.
We will certainly be back next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank StuartEtheridge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Headcorn
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Cranbrook
Chilston Park Hotel
Chilston Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lenham

Been to Weald of Kent Golf Course & Hotel? Share your experiences!