“Happy Place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Herne Bay
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Happy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed in hotel so we could go to a Ball in town. All the staff exceeded expectations and delivered good service with a (genuine) smile. Restaurant manager went out of his way to accommodate us. This really made our visit outstanding - well done everyone

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YogaPaul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel because I am use to dealing with Premier Inn on work travel. I book this hotel to go to an anniversary party. Prior to getting there I received a phone call asking me have it booked breakfast...which I found really stupid as if she run me she should have read me reservation clearly and determine the answer to the question was yes. Then she went on to say that I had to book a breakfast slot...I said 09:00 she said not available...since I was at work I queried why the call and she said its because it's Christmas. I then said ok, so tell me what slots that were available she said 10:15. I said I know that its's Christmas but thought this call was odd. Then she said it was because they were doing breakfast with Father Christmas ...I said really don't want to get caught up in that...queried the time that this breakfast with Father Christmas would begin and end - she replied 09:00 - 10:00.
Arrived to the hotel and inform the desk clerk that the was an addition to my party and queried should we pay for breakfast...she stated no.

Off to breakfast at the appointed time to Taste Taste Restaurant ...no one at the hostess desk...stood a while and then as we commence to sit ourselves when a waitress turned up and queried do you have reservations. And I say yes and gave my room number and informed her that my companion had no book breakfast...the waitress rudely stated that only one breakfast was paid... I agreed and went to explain the desk clerk that we could paid at the restaurant. We were not given any explanation on how the buffet worked.
We sat ignored and finally the waitress came up and I left my companion placing her order. Went to the to get coffee all of the containers were empty, only juice available was orange and dirty coffee mugs. Standing there I finally got someone attention and informed about the coffee and the waitress pointed at the empty jugs...I said empty as well as the juices.
Waited again and finally coffee and juice. Returned to the table to see my companion nearly in tears...queried what was the problem and she said she (waitress) just put down the bill. I asked her what type of breakfast did she ordered and she said the quick breakfast...ok do you get coffee etc ?...she said she did not know. I got up from my table and found the manager and queried was it common place to seat someone and then receive a bill before the had service or a meal. The manager said she did not pay for breakfast in advance...I then queried what was included and how do we go about getting what was included in the meals...we finally ordered porridge. As we sat waiting I am noticing table after table receiving their bill after they had finished their meal. We the black people were the only people given a bill prior to service. Racist staff and management!!!!! The whole meal was trying the buffet was low on selection and it seemed that no one was monitoring it. Then the waitress had the cheek to ask if we wanted anything more from the buffet 10 min before it closed - we spend most of I time trying to get breakfast.

Don' t stay at this if you are black and don't want bias service...Taste Taste restaurant left a bad taste in me mouth

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Lokeren(Belgium)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were here for the 8th time and we still love the hotel very much. It struck us though that a few things certainly did not improve. The mattress was lumpy and did not secure a good night's sleep at all. No hygienic bags were delivered from the second night ( there were, wow!, 2 on the first night). Here and there we fount some amount of dust as well. There remains the problem with parking as well. Loads of cars for the restaurant are parked in front of the hotel. This results in guests of the hotel having to drag their luggage quite some distance to the entrance, sometimes in heavy rain and in the dark. There should really be a distinct parking area for the restaurant and the hotel. Room for considerable improvement!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are a lot less noisy!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeenLokeren_Belgium_
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Beds were really comfy ... Well Worth the money we paid for the night £29.
Front reception desk staff friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again .., however would not recommend eating in the herne bay pub opposite for breakfast again ... Waitress was rude and food wasn't fantastic.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Lisa-lou1981
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Premier Inn never fails to disappoint no matter where you stay in the country.
Pleasant staff and always provides restaurant close by with good food.
I look forward to staying again here or at another Premier Inn.

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed here on a short trip to Kent. The location of the hotel is ideal for some sightseeing, as the seaside is only a five minute drive away and Canterbury is only twenty minutes away so plenty to see and do.

The hotel itself is excellent value for money. The rooms are basic as it was quite big but there wasn't much in there besides our bed and a lonely chair. However the promise made for a good nights of sleep is kept as the beds and pillows are very comfortable. Upon arrival the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Did not use the meal-deal offered by premier inn/table table as there was a harvester just across the road where we had dinner twice.

There is plenty of on-site (free) parking. Cannot fault this hotel. This is the perfect hotel for a nice rest after a long day of sightseeing if all you need is a comfy bed to come back to.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Knguyen24
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

It's my first stay in a Premier Inn (we normally use Travelodges) but we got a good deal at £29 per night so decided to give it a go. The room is generously sized with a good bathroom, plenty of sockets and nice tea/coffee making area with its own light. The bed is really comfortable. The only disappointment for me was only one easy chair but, when I raised this with the receptionist, she immediately offered us an extra one from the reception area.
The room was a little cool but we managed to work out the heating and it warmed up nicely.
There's 1/2 hour free wifi per day but we're travelling around and staying in several so paid £10 for a week's unlimited wifi, which seemed reasonable value.
We take our own breakfast to keep the cost down so can't comment on Table Table. We decided to eat our evening meal at the Harvester over the road for the same reason (nicely cooked food, excellent, friendly service).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,062 reviews
Hotel Continental
Hotel Continental
#4 of 4 in Whitstable

Been to Premier Inn Herne Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!