“Nice breakfast”

The Saxon Shore - J D Wetherspoon
Ranked #92 of 137 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Nice breakfast”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Had a family breakfast here and I'd say it is on a par with other Wetherspoons we've visited - and handy for the seafront - we were lucky and got a parking space right out front.

• Visited October 2013

Kent
“Go with low expectations.”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Wetherspoons seem to vary from the family friendly bland but safe enough place to grab a pint and something to eat for not very much to scary hang outs for drunk and aggressive hardened drinkers. I'd hoped this was the former when I agreed to meet friends for lunch.

The place is a little run down, and not the cleanest Wetherspoons I've been in, but I was prepared to overlook that. The bar was understaffed so I wasn't overly surprised that the service wasn't that friendly. There was an extensive beer selection, and to be fair the beer was reasonably well kept. The rather long wait for food did give us time to fully appreciate the growing hostile atmosphere from one group of customers at the front of the pub who had presumably been there since opening time by the state they were in (this was around 1.30 in the afternoon). Food when it arrived was edible, but nothing special.

I won't be going back.

• Visited September 2013
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Eggs Benedict for breakfast very very good”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Usually go to a another chain store for their famous Eggs Benedict, M & ? in Canterbury. Notice from a pop up advert at the bra that Wetherspoons had it on their breakfast menu. Went next morning and very happy I did. The Pub is really quite nice during the morning, quite a few families eating full english breakfasts and a very nice atmosphere. My breakfast was delivered within 10 mins and by very friendly and helpful staff. Coffee was not to my liking buy hey thats not what I went there foe. Have returned several times for the EB and always the same. VERY VERY GOOD

Visited October 2013
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“lovely food but not enough staff”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

we love the food here and come and eat really often. what we find time and time again is that there is mostly only one person serving at the bar..2 on an odd occasion so there is a long wait to be served! on the specialities nights I think there should be at least 3 staff serving!

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch in Herne Bay”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

It did what it said on the tin, fed and watered 4 adults for £30. The food was to a good standard. My Aberdeen Angus was excellent. It did however feel a bit run down, the Staff were Ok. I have been in many better Wetherspoons. If you want food and a drink good choice, if you want anything else try another pub.

• Visited September 2013