“Full Of Kids Running Around!”

The Saxon Shore - J D Wetherspoon
Ranked #88 of 139 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Absolutely horrible - a dive!

JD Wetherspoons need to clean up their act in certain places. The 'spoons in Margate is almost as dire!

1  Thank paulmartinwhite

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Awful. Full of screaming kids and then drunk teenagers in the evening. Takes forever to get served and staff will not deal with unacceptable behaviour from drunk, abusive teenagers, who are most definitely under age and I don't blame them. Been a few times, in the hope it was a one off. Ordering the same dish, does not mean you'll get the same from one visit to the next. There is even a new kids play park opposite, to ensure you get the maximum amount of screaming kids....who should be in the park on a nice sunny day.
What a croc!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a weather spoons and it does exactly what weather spoons do well - well priced industrial cooking - my son - uni student and his mates use it for curry night, steak night etc, - I joined them for a curry recently, the place was full of equally minded young people, the service was quietly efficient, the food was well cooked and there was enough bulk to satisfy hungry young people, the drinks were cheap I paid for the five of us - starters, mains, two rounds of drinks - lagers and wine and i think i got change from fifty quid - which i thought was great value - don't go with expectations of fine dining but for students and young families on budgets it was bob on.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I have visited this particular wetherspoons many times and each time I haven't been disappointed, the menu is extremely good value and with the majority of meals either part of a deal or you get a free drink, where can you complain?
The staff are always welcoming, sometimes yes they do seem a bit understaffed but I still appreciate the service I get.
The food is nice for the price you pay. And I think that's what a lot of people need to take into consideration when writing their reviews!! This is never going to be top restaurant quality but the food is delicious for what you pay for. £9 for an 8oz rump steak, chips, peas tomato and mushroom with a free drink and not a bit of fat or gristle was found on the steak, they even boxed up my leftovers for my dog for me.
I have seen a few customers be very rude to staff during busy times and the staff always seem to handle it in a professional manner, which I tip my hat to.
Overall very satisfied and I will continue to revisit

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have been here several times - in the daytime for tea/coffee with friends/our children, lunch with friends/children and also meal/drinks in the evening with friends. It is absolutely fine here as you don't expect luxury from a Wetherspoons - it is basic food at a cheap price and people going here should just be happy with that really. If you want fancy dining or have high standards or expoectations - don't go here - simple as that! It seems pointless to write a negative review because surely people should know by now what to expect from a Wetherspoons?? Yes, it is a bit dark in here and maybe could do with a revamp slightly but it is not run down or filthy. Stop being so pompous and just enjoy it for what it is - cheap as chips! :)