“Still as good as ever”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Still as good as ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I already reviewed this shop back in March and have just paid a further visit together with my partner. There isn't a lot I can add to my previous comments, it really is exceptionally good and this is coming from an ex Eastender who has lived in the bay for 28 years. I have always been craving for a decent pie shop, one or two others have come and gone over the years but have never met the standard of the good old London pies. Not so with Frasiers, they really have got it right especially important to us Londoners in the mash plastered on the side of the plate, not those daft scoops which so many of the "pretend" pie shops serve up, scoops are for ice cream not good old fashioned mash !!! The shop is so clean, the staff so friendly it is a pleasure to visit, I had double pie and mash (greedy pig) and can't wait to return next week, can't go any more regularly as I am almost like the side of a house already, anybody reading this and in the area must pay them a visit, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank shelagh t

pamelajj
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

True pie and mash we can now have decent pie and mash without going all the way back up to London. Would recommend trying it even if you're not a Londoner.

• Visited June 2014
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Pie and Mash”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Yes it was good and will go back'

I was going in the seafront 'spoons, but that looked more like a kindergarten,

... so pie and mash it was!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank paulmartinwhite
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Pie and Mash to die for !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have lived in the area for some years but am a born Londoner through and through so know what I'm talking about when it comes to pie and mash. My partner and myself visited this shop a couple of years ago and weren't that impressed but I found out by chance that it was now under new ownership so we thought we would give it a try today. My goodness what a difference, the place was clean, the owner there is extremely pleasant and helpful and as for the p&m it was to die for. Really authentic just like London and you can't say better than that. I was due to have a big meal in the evening so thought I had better keep to one pie but they were so delicious that whilst my partner opted for a pancake for pudding, I just had to have another pie and liquer !! I understand the shop is proving to be successful under the new ownership and I hope it stays that way as it really does deserve the trade, anyone being negative about it on here really cannot know what they are talking about, we will definitely be back

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank shelagh t
UK
“Authentic and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

As a Londoner passing through Herne Bay, I slammed on the car brakes as soon as I saw Frasier's shop, dumped the car in the nearest parking space and made for the shop. It's done out in authentic style (minus the sawdust on the floor) and looks quite smart (not at all what I've been used to in London). Unfortunately it was mid-afternoon and I'd just had an ice cream, so I couldn't face pie, mash and licor at that time, so we took some home with us. The owner packed the pies and licor so well, they survived a 100 mile car journey home, and they were delicious. A little expensive, but good quality, and a reason to go back to Herne Bay at some time in the future.

Herne Bay Tourist Board please note: a tourist attraction!

• Visited February 2014