“A Hidden Gem”

The Wallflower Cafe
Ranked #3 of 136 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Independent cafe offering locally sourced quality wholesome food and good coffee.
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Hidden away at the end of a small passage is this lovely little restaurant. Unpretentious, very friendly, with a very healthy menu. We needed a quick light lunch. The food was fresh and bursting with herbs and flavour. The service was lovely relaxed, calm and friendly. I will certainly be a repeat customer and we hope to try out one of their themed evenings.

Herne Bay must be on the up. There are now so many restaurants to choose from. This one is deserving of a top mention as it is unique and delicious!!

• Visited September 2013

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“A secret I really don't want to share”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Of all the places I have eaten out at, and there are many, this is my favourite. Unpretentious, friendly, an absolute gem. To be honest I really don't want to tell anybody about it because it is only small and I don't want it to get so popular that I can't visit ;-)
They cater for all; vegan, vegetarian, gluten free - whatever your dietary needs you can be certain of a wide menu, all beautifully cooked. They also run an evening menu every few weeks when the theme varies - it could be Greek, Spanish, Japanese.
Ignore the location - it is hidden down a bizarre little mall, and overlooks a car park, and focus on what you really came here for - excellent food, reasonably priced.

London
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you are looking for a really tasty, fresh, simple, healthy cafe meal served relatively quickly with care, then I cannot recommend anywhere in the area more highly.

The cafe is not in the greatest of locations - at the end of a pretty dingy mall, overlooking a car park, but the food and service more than make up for this. I regularly have lunch here, having read the reviews on Tripadvisor a few months ago and have always had a wonderful, tasty meal -the fresh salads contain all sorts of lovely surprises - herbs, seeds, more unusual combinations of vegetables and amazing dressings and there is plenty of choice for vegetarians and vegans, plus a wide range of lovely teas, juices and milkshakes etc. All at sensible prices reflecting the quality of the food.

Just one suggestion - please start making your own ice-cream or serving a locally produced ice-cream rather than Carte d'Or, which I always find a bit disappointing in England (the Carte d'Or on the continent is for some reason so much better than that sold in the UK!).

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Italian Evening at The Wallflower!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Great evening enjoying many different courses. No one could fault the food - beautifully fresh and lovingly presented. Great place for meeting friends too, as it turned out I knew people on four other tables tonight! Only downside was that we couldn't hear each well enough to speak quietly. So no personal conversation possible! Will ensure we go with friends next time and I'm sure that will be the perfect formula for a great night out.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
“A great little Cafe that also caters for Vegetarians and Vegans”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Four of us went there today and we were really pleased that this Cafe lived up to its tripadvisor reputation! 2 of us are vegans and we found there was actually a choice of alternatives - not something you find in many small seaside cafes!

I ordered a vegan falafel burger in a bun with salad, hummus and fries and the serving was a huge plateful of tasty food. My husband had a different vegan option and was pleased with his choice as were our friends who had non veggie lunches. We were also offered glasses of tap water. All the lunches seemed to be in the £6 - £7 range so good food at a good price.

We'll return next time we are in the area.