“Comfy, quiet and quaint”
Review of The Old Brown Teapot - CLOSED

The Old Brown Teapot
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stopped by this charming little cafe recently for breakfast. Charming little place in Beltinge village. Had a great breakfast at a very reasonable price. Newspapers were supplied in a very unhurried atmosphere. A quiet little haven from the freezing cold outside.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I went in here with my husband and was very disappointed. The cafe looks inviting from the road and I was expecting a quaint tea shop. Inside as you opened the door this first thing that greeted me was the smell of a deep fat fryer where the oil possibly hasn't been changed in a long time. If I hadn't been so hungry I wouldn't have stayed. It was also cold. A couple of heaters badly placed were not adequate and I spend the whole time not warming up. I settled for having beans on toast as I reckoned this would be a safe bet and there was nothing wrong with what I had but the my nose and eyes told me not risk having anything else and I will not be using this cafe again.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

My partner and I often come here for breakfast. The welcome is always warm and the breakfast is always good! There are several combinations of breakfast to choose from depending on what you prefer. The menu also offers some main meals, snacks, sandwiches and there is a catering service available too.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Excellent breakfast all u could ask for nicely decorated inside too. Fully recommend! great tea too and what can i say a bout the cake YUMMY1

1  Thank Eddie S
Reviewed 19 April 2012

stopped here by chance when shopping locally. A Cosy and friendly place. staff did not rush you and were told all meals were freshly prepared and so expected to wait about 15 minutes. Had fish and chips, which was excellent, big chuncky fish and homemade chips. No room for pud but they look very tasty. Seemed to be full of ladies who lunch or coffee. nice atmoshere

one downside is the parking. limit 1 hour stay which spoilt it for me as I was constantly checking my watch and looking out for the bogey man parking attendant and avoiding a parking ticket.

1  Thank Luca P