“Still of the same high standard”
Review of Divers Arms

Divers Arms
Ranked #33 of 137 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Pub
Description: A Traditional Seaside Pub where a warm welcome is always assured.Open everyday from 10.00am. Great pub food served daily from 11.00am.Traditonal Sunday Roasts. Pool Games, Pool & Darts, Courtyard Garden.Child and Dog Friendly. Live Music Every Weekend.
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Still of the same high standard”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned from our latest visit and I must say as I did in my previous review that this pub really offers value for money with their food . It is local to us and we have visited several times for lunch since I did my last review, we are always so impressed with the food, service and friendly atmosphere that I would be writing a review after every visit if Tripadvisor allowed it !!! Today we both had steak with all the trimmings, now I must say that my partner is just about the unluckiest person on earth whenever he orders steak, he is always the one that ends up with the gristle !! not so this time though, both our steaks were delicious, we each bloated ourselves out by following with a pudding, me with fudge cake ,he had bread and butter pudding, the food was very well cooked and presented also very reasonably priced. I still find when speaking locally about this pub, that many people are still unaware they serve food but I understand from the owner that this is soon to be remedied by advertising. I do hope this is successful as it is a pity that more people are not taking advantage of it, food is only served at lunch times as in the evening they are busy with all sorts of functions and the atmosphere at that time would not be suitable for dining. Anyone reading this is encouraged to pay them a visit you won't be disappointed. Hope nobody pinches our table though !!!!!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank shelagh t

“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My partner and I visited this pub for lunch on a Tuesday and must say we were very impressed, I've lived in the area for many years and for some reason had the idea that they didn't serve food here but how wrong can one be. The food was excellent, a very impressive choice of menu, well cooked, plentiful and cheap. The atmosphere was really friendly and the young lady behind the bar, Nicky, was unbelievably attentive and efficient. I will say though that if anybody is looking for the up-market style restaurant atmosphere that this wouldn't suit. It is your typical local pub with really good pub grub which suits us for an ordinary week day meal at a good price. There were several local people at the bar but not many diners which seemed a pity to me as people are missing out on really good quality meals. I would imagine though that it would be busy at week-ends, we always try to eat out at least once a week and tend to try different pubs in the area, this was by far the best pub food we have had in a long time so we will certainly be back.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank shelagh t
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Sunday lunch for six..Great pub with a lovely atmosphere.

Sunday lunch was superb and amazing value for money. served by attentive staff.

piano player in the background.

The lamb shanks were perfectly cooked and the veg were freshly cooked for us. proper gravy too.

we will definitely go again. highly recommended.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank david_markland
Westgate on Sea, United Kingdom
“Good food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Probably the best Sunday Lunch I have had out for years. Home cooked food, more than generous portions, excellent value; all in a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere. I liked it so much I'm going to the quiz tonight :)

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank LeeT31
Herne bay
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pub food”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We have been a few times for lunch, the menu is huge and the prices are good, however the food is excellent, real pub grub all fresh and well served! Worth a visit

• Visited April 2013