“Absolutely fantastic”

Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are extremely excited to offer authentic slow-cooked smoked meats, done properly in our in-house smoker, guaranteed to arrive fresh on your table. As well as great steaks, burgers and sandwiches. The freshest Lobsters and Seafood are also on the menu alongside Mac'n'Cheese to die for. We aim to cater for all, providing amazing value for money party menus and even a kiddie menu. We offer an extensive wine list and a fine selection of alcoholic drinks including plenty of cocktails, draft beer, and bottomless fizzy drinks.
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have to echo everything that's been said so far. This is the best restaurant for miles around; we are so lucky to have this locally. I urge everyone in Herne Bay (and if you're not in Herne Bay) to support it. First class food and service at incredibly reasonable prices. You will experience tastes you've not tasted before in a friendly and comfortable environment. Thanks for a memorable meal, can't wait for the next one.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank encona37

Kent
“A touch of class for Herne Bay”
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Some friends and I visited this restaurant in the steadily growing end of Herne Bay High Street at the beginning of July.

The food was of a very high standard, excellent presentation and service, well priced, just what the town needs. The chef came and had a chat with us too, a nice touch.

I would say that this is probably one of the best restaurants the town has had for a long time, and brings some welcome class to the town.

3 Thank Jezmax
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in the herne bay/whitstable area by a country mile!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I can't give enough praise!! Food was amazing, staff were great (the chef/owner actually came and chatted to us), wine was lush and all food was organic and locally sourced!

The cost was stupid considering the quality, such good value.

Everyone who lives in herne bay should go so we don't lose this amazing new restaurant!!

3 Thank teamchilcott
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Tried the new Oyster & Chop House in Herne Bay last night. I didnt have high expectations & I thought its position wasnt great. However, the service was first class, the menu was excellent, ambience & decor lovely, the meal was perfectly cooked (I know Im a chef), all the ingredients are organic but not expensive!! and the menu changes daily. I will be a regular customer & I wish the owners every success - its just what the Bay needs - a real restaurant!!

7 Thank mapw284
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The restaurant has been completely refurbished to a high standard and the food does not disappoint. The owner is clearly passionate about food and everything we had was amazing. Oysters, lobster and rabbit all organic and local. I hope the people of herne bay support this much needed touch of long over due class.

6 Thank Billyal