“Fantastic find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 133 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill, Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are extremely excited to offer authentic slow-cooked smoked meats, done properly in our in-house smoker, guaranteed to arrive fresh on your table. As well as great steaks, burgers and sandwiches. The freshest Lobsters and Seafood are also on the menu alongside Mac'n'Cheese to die for. We aim to cater for all, providing amazing value for money party menus and even a kiddie menu. We offer an extensive wine list and a fine selection of alcoholic drinks including plenty of cocktails, draft beer, and bottomless fizzy drinks.
“Fantastic find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I booked this restaurant as I wanted somewhere a bit special but local to my parents as they live in Herne bay.
Well it didn't disappoint. The food was excellent and the quality was exceptional.
The staff made us feel very welcome and were very attentive.
We will definitely be returning

2 Thank Fields69

Cumbria
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

As a visitor to Herne Bay, albeit I will be moving there in due course, I only knew about this excellent restaurant because I had my hair done at a hairdresser opposite. I had found the latter online, but the restaurant didn't come up on my search for restaurants in Herne Bay, and is hidden away with little passing trade. It needs a website, and also some promotion that tells everyone, including visitors, that they serve lunch on several days during the week; I was the only one there at Friday lunchtime. The choice of food was superb and mostly to my taste, but those few liking their meat well done, and I like mine pink to the point of not bleeding, might affront the chef but affect nobody else. I am so pleased that this lovely restaurant is close to my new home, but I am probably barred now. But, with the choice of someone ordering their meat the way they like it, albeit well done, compared with someone using their mobile within my hearing - I definitely opt for the former! I do hope that the excellent and passionate chef will promote his lunchtimes, possibly with an informative website, as I prefer to eat in a busy restaurant. And they have to allow payment by card, debit and credit; it is the 21st century, and that's how customers prefer to pay, and how I, a pensioner, manage my finances! A few pence on the bill at this level won't hurt the customer. I had the same problem with the B&B, but these costs have to be factored into prices with all the other costs of running a business.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LeoneCumbria
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The restaurant should have a Michelin Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food was amazing and the staff were very friendly. Scrumptious food and so reasonably priced. I had a delicious starter of scallops with apple puree and apple matchsticks - the best starter I have had in a long time. It is THE best restaurant for food and wine in Herne Bay - you just have to ignore the outside of the restaurant and the decor. The food will keep my friends and I coming back for years to come.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sharon C
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The food is consistently outstanding.....we are very impressed. Great quality, variety and attention to details. Friendly service. Price is amazing considering food and experience. Go and try it, you won't be disappointed. A gem.

1 Thank PiggyKent1
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“This was a first”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a first for me. My wife prefers to have her steak cooked past the point of being pink. When we asked for this the manageress said that the chef would only cook it pink and that she would have to choose something else from the menu. In 35 years of eating out this has never happened to us before and if we had not been with a group of people we would have left there and then.

• Visited May 2014