“tandoor not switched on!”
Review of Maharaja

Maharaja
Ranked #25 of 140 Restaurants in Herne Bay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Went here for lunch, we were the only people in the place. It was only after our drinks arrived and we bagan to order that we were told the tanddor was not switched on!! We only stayed as we are polite. The food was ok, okra was good, lamb good, rest very average

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I am a big fan of Indian food but can only visit select restaurants due to their lack of vegetarian food, but this restaurant has a few mains to choose from. I've been here twice now and enjoyed it both times. The staff are pleasant enough, the restaurant is nicely located and modernly decorated inside, the food I've tried has been delicious, very rich and filling and priced reasonably. Would definitely recommend visiting this restaurant as I've found in pleasant and others I've spoken to about it share the same opinion!

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Called in on the off chance for a quick curry. We were blown away with how nice it was. Possibly the very best Indian meal we have ever had. Staff were very courteous and attentive and the food was wonderful. Can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Im very sad to say that i did not enjoy ny experience here. The staff were pleasant enough and thats why ive given a score of 2.

The atmosphere was hectic. We came late in the evening and deapite the resturant only being half full it was so so loud! The table next to us were very rowdy and deunk. Not the resturants fault but they could have sat us somewhere else.

The food was really not good. I ordered an aubergine dish. The sauce was flavourless and sort of sweet. I also ordered a peshwari naan. There were no raisins inside and it was stuffed with a very sweet coconut paste, it tasted like it should be dessert. I didnt eat it. There were 5 of ys and only one really enjoyed their meal. Shame.

1  Thank Lyndsay12354
Reviewed 16 April 2014

A small cosy restaurant, very good service, good food at medium prices. Usually topped off with a complimentary drink.