“Even better 2nd time round!”
Review of Anarkali - CLOSED

Anarkali
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Buffet
Description: Bring Your Own Bottle Of Wine When U Dine In
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Decided to try this restaurant again as really loved the food last time... and glad we did! The food is delicious, tastes authentic and the chef is very accomodating. The staff are very welcoming and provided excellent service. Overall a fab restaurant - definately the best we have tried in Herne Bay!

There are newer reviews for Anarkali

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Please try this restaurant. Its not the average so called indian-bangladeshi cuisine.
This is proper authentic food. And at last it here in herne bay.
So thankful to the chef and highly recommended to all.
By the way dont expect a plush restaurant when u walk in its the food that makes the whole experience worth it.

1  Thank Vijayabai
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I just want to caveat this review by saying I'm by no means a fussy eater at all...it is extremely rare that I find a complaint about food so that's what made me think I should write this review, as the other reviews are generally really positive and were what encouraged me to visit.

I came here with my girlfriend after reading some great reviews of the place...she booked us a table in advance. When we arrived the place was deserted but this could've been because we went on 27th December so people might've been in Xmas mode still. We ordered a portion of Onion bhajis which were okay but pale in comparison to many other Indian restaurants I've encountered. I ordered a King prawn korma and the girlfriend ordered a vegetable korma, both with pilau rice and peshwari naan.

My King prawn korma arrived and instead of king prawns, I soon discovered that I actually had a 'shrimps imitat / surimi' Korma ... otherwise known as crabsticks/seafood sticks curled slightly to resemble King Prawns...I thought this was outrageous but I'm more annoyed with myself that I didn't complain, we just paid up and left. That's the only reason I gave a 2 star rating - because I didn't give the restaurant the chance to compensate us, otherwise, would've been a one star rating.

The korma curry itself didn't even compare to something you'd get from a jar in the supermarket. So overall, I wouldn't recommend going personally.

2  Thank puravidamaestro
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I've written a review of here before, having had take aways previously. After those, we decided to eat in... This place is absolutely great. The food is just fantastic and the owners/ staff are very friendly indeed. It really is the best Indian restaurant within miles and miles and the food is quite superb. You must try their breads; the Rogni and Peshwari Naans are amazing, although I could say that about almost all the dishes we chose.
Ignore the negative review on this list; I worked in restaurants for years and the people who came in late at night always blamed their 'illness' on the food rather than the 10 pints they'd had before getting to the restaurant... Which, assuming they were the same group the owners say they were, is exactly what happened here.
This really is an excellent restaurant and is one I'll return to many times.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me and my wife came here and were amazed with the service and food. The waiter was friendly and the food arrived within 10 minutes from when we ordered. This is by far the best Indian restaurant in Kent. Will be coming here again!

2  Thank MartinKent1