“Lou's Birthday”

Price range: US$7 - US$49
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family run restaurant, authentic Italian food and wood fired pizza, daily specials also available. First UK approved pizzeria by Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana ( True Neapolitan Pizza Association )
Reviewed 13 June 2014

i have been passed the restaurant e few times, it always looked busy but it was my wifes birthday, we decided on Italian and not wanting to go to the usual chain, but still experience fine food, i made the reservation, the chap at the end of the phone was polite and helpful, we arrived and was taken upstairs to the tables, the staff were polite, they had a good understanding of the menu and were also not overbearing giving us time to look at the menu and the wine list. The food was superb - the gnocchi was sooo tasty i will have that again! The desert were full of flavour and the staff put out the lights and brought it with a candle for my wife - such a great experience. the rest rooms were also clean.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

There was four of us in our party we hadnt booked but they gladly showed us to our table made to feel very welcome nothing was too much trouble food was excellent lovely cheerful staff great banter with us we come to hernebay regularly ( we not local) andcwill be definitely be going again next time we are down and will be reccomending to people that I know who do live in the area
Thankyou to all staff for giving us a great evening

1  Thank angeltaunton
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I visited this place over the weekend with my partner and a few friends for dinner and not only was the food fantastic we received a warm welcome. We was very lucky to get a table as we hadn't booked and the place was really busy which is all ways a good sign.
We all had different dishes two of which was the pizza, One seafood dish and I myself had a selection of starters for my main, we all agreed the food was fantastic and very reasonably priced.
My only complaint was that the dessert I really wanted after seeing others eating had run out by the time we was ordering puddings.
Will most definitely be returning.

2  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a takeaway pizza, was lovely and proper Italian pizza. Pizza cooks very quickly in their authentic oven and the limoncello is superb!

1  Thank Kyle I
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Second visit to casa Mia. We arrived 12 mins late for our 5.30 booking due to sea street closure and three way traffic lights, and were rebuked severely, being told we had to be out by 7.15. Having been looking forward to this booking, this kind of ruined the atmosphere for us from the off. The food was superb, as before, the waiting staff superb and attentive, once again, but unfortunately the initial lack of welcome and sour farewell from "owner's partner" made us feel unwelcome and to be honest, we'll never go there again. Which is a shame, as just being slightly more empathetic and polite would have been the right course of action. My wife politely suggested there was no need for the initial unfriendly welcome as they were in control of the timings and the unwelcoming start did not reflect the excellent food or service. However "owners partners" turned away with a flick of her hair and did not want to know. So we won't be handing any more money over to this restaurant, or recommending to friends and colleagues. Apparently when people book, you get told there is a two hour time slot. This did not happen. So to summarise, if you are running a little late, don't expect any kind of welcome.

5  Thank SimeyWimey
Acasamia160, Owner at A Casa Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear member,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience.
We are trying very hard to please all our customers but we do have rules to follow in order to accommodate everyone.
When a customer is late it makes our job very difficult as all our bookings get delayed and the
next customers get frustrated while waiting.
Unfortunately we can only give 2 hours slot for each table or we wouldn't survive as a business.
I would like to make you aware that you have arrived nearly 20 min late and you still had to wait for some members of your party to park their vehicle.
My wife has welcomed you first but we do need to make our customers aware about the next seating in order to avoid disappointment for the next customers.
Most of our customers make us aware of their delay and it gives us the opportunity to inform the next customers.
We do appreciate and respect all of our customers and I believe that everyone has the right of opinion, in this case my wife was told that you had not intention to listen as the customer is always right.
I appreciate your comment about the food but we do not tolerate this kind of behaviour and maybe it is the reason why my wife preferred to leave without a greeting.
We are working very hard to give our customers great quality food and a happy atmosphere but we do need to follow our rules in order to be a successful business.
Kind regards