“VERY GOOD PUB FARE”

Dining options: Reservations
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“VERY GOOD PUB FARE”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Our first visit. Enjoyable fish meal. My wife had the skate, I had the Dover Sole. My wife's chips
could have done with a tad more cooking, but I helped her polish them off. I had the boiled potatoes and they were fine. very good pub atmosphere. Friendly helpful waitresses and bar staff. However, not a complaint, but rather a polite suggestion for the management! Our table for two could have been better placed rather than directly outside the mens toilet. Lots of male too-ing and fro-ing while we were eating! Some men hadn't fully adjusted their clothing as they exited. How would you and your wife like it in a restaurant? Better no table there at all, and placing us in the back seating area. But, would certain come again next time we're up this way.
Recommended.

• Visited June 2014

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent hospitality”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We went at rather short notice with a large group and were very well helped with our booking, given menus in advance to choose what we liked and everything came to order, all together and hot, which is a rarity when there are 12+ people to serve. The food was plentiful and delicious and the staff could not have been more welcoming. It's a lovely pub/restaurant and very good value. Would recommend.

• Visited June 2014
Dayton OH
“Pub Food in england beats the pants off Bar food in US!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We go to the Butt everytime we go to England. Our local relatives say "oh it's just pub food", but trust me: they do a good job. I love to get Sunday roast there, with all the vegetables on side (YUM!) or Fish pie when they have it. it has 4 or 5 types of fish in it! They people are all friendly, and they do a good business.Sunday roast is a great value too! Only complaint: NOT a great beer selection on tap. "Cold" guiness is about the best offer there!

• Visited November 2013
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The meals were not what it said on the tin. However the vegetable were well cooked but overall the food was plain. The service wasn't terribly good either.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Cazz082
Dartford Kent
“Pleasant Lunch while visiting Hythe”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I called in to The Butt of Sherry while visiting Hythe on a day trip.

My wife's warm chicken and bacon caesar salad and my omelette and chips were both very nice and the staff and surroundings were pleasant.

No complaints and would return when we visit Hythe again.

• Visited May 2014