“Good base for short break in Kent”
Review of Hythe Imperial

Hythe Imperial
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hythe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
Frome, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed overnight ahead of taking the Euro Tunnel the following morning. The hotel's location is excellent for this, only 15 minutes drive to the terminal.
The hotel is under-going a major renovation (we were not aware of this when we booked).
The Reception and Bar area were pleasant enough but the corridors and our room were from a by-gone era - somewhat like visiting an elderly aunt's house.
There were two other plus points - the swimming pool and spa area were great to use after a long drive and more importantly, the staff - young, enthusiastic and very professional, especially in the Bar, where we ate our evening meal.
We had an excellently priced 'room-only' rate - preferring a late breakfast in France.

Room Tip: Check on the progress of the renovation if you are staying for more than 1 night. The lifts were no...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Karin,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on your recent stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our service and facilities like Spa and Swimming pool. It is also great to know that you have noticed the enthusiastic and friendly staff and enjoyed your meal in the bar.

We are going through a huge renovation of the building as you have noticed that in few areas of the hotel. The renovation is important for us to provide the best standard to our guests. All the rooms and corridors will be done over next 12 months period. I assure you that after the complete renovation, next time you visit us, you will find this hotel more comfortable and presentable.

I wish to welcome you again at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

For our one year anniversary my boyfriend and I booked a night at the Imperial Hotel in Hythe, not knowing what to expect we just chose a hotel that was close by. Arriving at the hotel the staff were welcoming and very polite. The room was AMAZING! The bathroom was massive; with two power showers and a jacuzzi bath which could have easily been used as a swimming pool. We had a lovely romantic walk cross the coast line, the scenery was certainly worth going braving the cold. the sunset is breathtaking.

I would thoroughly recommend going down to the spa as son as you get there. The choice of treatments is astounding and the staff are very attentive. I was treated to a massage and then relaxed in the " heated stone room"; it seems everywhere you look are thoughtful little touches that make your stay so much more relaxing and peaceful.

The food is AMAZING! I cannot praise their food higher. We had a three course meal and could not fault one single thing; the staff were also very thorough.

The room was lovely. Very clean and warm. We had the best night sleep...ever. The bed was so comfortable and we had a perfect amount of space (as we both like to hog the covers).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone! it is a perfect place for couples to stay. I was the most relaxed I has been for a long time and felt I did not have to worry about anything. If you have booked a room here you will have an amazing time. Just make sure you check out the spa.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comment on Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to know that our team effort made your anniversary best ever. I have passed your comment to the relevant departments to encourage them.

Please feel free to contact me next time you are visiting us as I would like to take the opportunity to meet and welcome you personally to make your next visit at South coast more comfortable.

Your sincerely,

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stayed there for one night as a Spa Break , and were really impressed by it. There had been less than favourable reports in the past, but since then it has undergone a complete refurb. The spa was wonderfull, and every thing is clean and tidy . The rest of the hotel , is in excellent condition also. We had Breakfast, which was great,and the staff were attentive, and nothing was too much trouble. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: We had a Sea view , which was nice to wake up too.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay completely and noticed the positive changes we have done. I have passed your comment on hotel staff to the relevant department and thanks again for that.

I wish to welcome you back to Hythe Imperial again next time you visit Hythe.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

As a last minute treat for my dads Birthday I booked a cream tea for four.
Absolutely fantastic - service was impeccable, cleanliness second to none. Deliciously warm scones, a good selection of teas and coffees and finished with a complimentary glass of prosecco.
The waiter even went out of his way to make a sparkling orange juice so my daughter could join in.
Highly recommend this to anyone and will definitely be on the revisit list. The only dilemma was whether to serve jam &with cream or Cream with jam??

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Christopher,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on tripadvisor about your cream tea experience at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed the experience very much and thank you again for recommending us to others for the quality we have in our staff, service and ambience.

I wish to welcome you back again to Hythe Imperial again.

Kent
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel as we were attending a black tie function in the hotel.
What a lovely reception the staff gave us and the hotel room was exquisite with an amazing sea view from the main room and views across the golf course and along the coast, from the bathroom. The room was sumptuous and warm and made a wonderful oasis during our busy weekend. The breakfast was delicious and all the staff were friendly and helpful. Well done and thank you.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are amazing
Dear Caroline,

Thank you very very much for such a lovely review on Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. I am very much delighted to know that you have enjoyed your entire stay in every way. All guest's comments are valuable to us and I will pass all your comments to relevant departments which will boost them up to do better in future.

I look forward to welcome you again at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa.

Essex,
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Although we got a really cheap deal for this hotel we were surprised with the comfort of our room. Lots of space and beautiful furnishings. No complaints about breakfast either. The only thing that would have been nice was to be shown by the receptionist where things where (spa etc.) and guide us better to our room as it is a huge building.
As a spa break it worked ok but again we were not informed about towels/robes and exactly what the facilities were.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking time to review us on tripadvisor. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. All guest comments are very much valuable to us as it helps us to make improvement.

I have passed your comments to the relevant departments and I wish to welcome you again at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa.

Kaushik Guha Majumder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Stade Court Hotel
Port Lympne Hotel
Port Lympne Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lympne
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa

Been to Hythe Imperial? Share your experiences!