“Groupon deal”

Hythe Imperial
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hythe
“Groupon deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

My partner and I spent yesterday at the Hythe Imperial ,on arrival we found there was plenty of free parking and the reception areas was very well presented and the staff very friendly and helpful.
Our room was not one that had been refurbished, so we knew there would be some areas that needed improving, but overall it was clean , comfortable with crisp white sheets and plenty of towels and no shortage of hot water, it was very large and had a duel aspect one side you could see the sea and the other side the golf course. Decor could be updated but the hotel is in the middle of being renovated.
We used the spa area my only fault here was it was very busy but the pool was a good depth and very clean and a good temperature, the jacuzzi was lovely when you could get in and the steam room was very relaxing, could have done with a few more relaxation beds, but I think if it wasn't so busy this would have been fine. The relaxation room and bar near the gym was lovely and a great place to have a drink and a chat. The gym is well equipped and my partner and I had a great work out. The staff and other visitors were very friendly. We had a cooked breakfast and this was well cooked and the dining area was very clean and decorated well and the crockery and cutlery were of good quality. The experience was great and we would love to return and experience one of the renovated rooms. But we would like to say the staff although young we're very friendly, polite and aimed to make our stay an excellent experience.
My partner phone to ask if we could have our heating turned back on and this was no problem in fact it was on all night .A big thank you to all the staff

Room Tip: If your not on a Groupon deal you will probably get a renovated room which will be great. .Avoid the...
1 Thank Jean1966-12
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Kaushik Guha Majumder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at this horrible place for one night (Saturday 25th January) and I have to say it is possibly the grottiest, noisiest 4-star(!!!!) hotel I've ever been to. To start with, they gave me and my partner a dirty room on the top floor. This room happens to be straight below one of the kitchen vents. The noise was so unbearable, and the state of the room was such with watermarks included, that we complained and we were given another room, this time in the first floor. This room was less noisy, although it wasn't quiet, and cleaner than the first one. At dinner time, I left £100 cash and my camera in a drawer in my room because I thought that was the safe thing to do... ah! This morning my partner and I had to leave in an emergency due to sickness, only to realise one hour later that we had left the camera and the money behind. We phoned the hotel, explained what happened and where to find our belongings. They promised they would check and get back to us as soon as possible. It took them half an hour to do so, and as we already guessed they couldn't find anything... All I can say is: if you stay in this establishment, good luck to you. And don't forget to have your belongings with you at all times.

5 Thank unhappy32014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Hythe Imperial. I am very disappointed to know that your stay was not satisfactory this time.

We are going through an aggressive refurbishment in the building and I believe that you have noticed it on the ground floor as it has started there. All the rooms will be revamped with in next 12 months. You had a concern about the room after check in and as you were not satisfied, my reception team tried their best to move you next available better room to satisfy your need.

You think you have left your cash and camera in drawer, but upon your call to reception to notify us the matter, you have mentioned about the cash in drawer only, not the camera which I came to know now from the review. I personally went to the room to check with other housekeeping supervisors and didn't find anything in the drawer. As you mentioned it took us half an hour to call you back as it is normal timeframe to find out who went to that room, quiestioning them, checking cameras on floor and then checking their belongings to make sure my judgement is correct before getting back to any of my guest.

Being a 100 bedrooms busy hotel, my staff deals with so many other lost and founds day to day basis and this has not happend in my time here. I am so sorry for your loss of camera and cash, but I can only assure you that it didn't happen here. Our reputation reflects from the other reviews on tripadvisor and please feel free to have a look on them.

Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if you wish to at h6862-sb2@accor.com or call me at 01303267441 and I would be happy to discuss it further.

Kaushik Guha Majumder

Travellers are raving about these Hythe hotels

Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at the hotel, the first time was 3 years ago and the hotel has had a bit of a makeover since then. We booked a one night stay which included a three course meal and a bottle of wine, breakfast and use of the hotels spa facilities all for £99, which provided great value.

On arrival we were greeted at reception by a very helpful and polite member of staff who gave us all the information we needed. Our room was on the 3rd floor and despite looking a little dated was clean and comfortable, I'm sure that it will be refurbished at some point.

We had our meal in the coast restaurant and I must say we both thought it was fantastic and the service was excellent throughout our meal. The bottle of wine that also came as part of the deal was also surprisingly good.

After the meal we went and had a drink in the bar which is where I have my only complaint as despite saying the bar is open till late, it actually shut at 11pm which is surprising for a friday night.

Breakfast was good and a large selection was on offer, the wife had the eggs benedict which is made to order and thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was a little slow but not enough to worry about and again the staff were very polite.

Overall our stay was excellent and I will keep my eyes open for any more offers like this one as it was great value for money! Will definitely be back and I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Your concern about Bar closing time s noted and we will take corrective measurement on it.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you again at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & spa.

Yours sincerely,

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Booked at the hotel, as pets were accepted.
We arrived during Xmas party night season. On arrival we were told no food was being served. But a trip into town solved that problem. Beds.were comfortable
The hotel itself was clean but a bit dated, no noise in bedrooms from revellers. I would be happy to stay again, plenty of car parking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay this time.

Your concern about the room decor is noted and just to inform you that we are going through an aggressive refurbishment and all the rooms will be refurbished over next 12 months.

I wish to welcome you back to Hythe Imperial during your next visit to South coast.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We knew nothing of the hotel before we arrived, but we were impressed. Enjoyed some treatment and use of the gym and spa following this.
Food from the bar was really good, much better than a normal bar menu, staff were very helpful and service was great.
Breakfast was also great with good service. Would recommend.

Room Tip: 1st floor may receive noise from bar below
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa. I am delighted to know that your stay was satisfactory and you would recommend this hotel to others. I am also glad to hear that you have noticed our friendly and helpful service and enjoyed the food from new Bar menu.

Your comments are very much valuable to us and I will pass your comments to all staff and I am sure that will encourage them all to do better in future.

I wish to welcome you back to Hythe Imperial during your next visit to Hythe.

Hove Uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

We were looking for a perfect break and found it in the Imperial hotel and Spa situated on Hythe's sea front. ... A recent make over has added to the warm attractive hall way and reception area where the staff were attentive and helpful to all our requests.
Our twin room over looking the uncluttered sea front was spacious,clean and comfortable, whilst The two public rooms were inviting offering wide choices of food through out.the day.
The dining experience was exceptional with a choice of three mouth watering courses from a
menu that varied its contents on weekly basis, the tables were covered in starched white linen with sparkling cutlery and crockery ... the service was affable and copious... we will return for the dining experience.A foodie haven.
The pool and the spa area transformed two weary people into stress free guests. whilst the
Beauty/therapy staff were truly skillful and delightful people, we should have booked for more treatments... thank you !... After 3/4 days our sanity was restored.
THOROUGHLY RECOMMENDABLE HOTEL WHICH CAPTIVATED ALL OUR NEEDS PERFECTLY.... WE WILL RETURN.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay completely and will return to us in future.

I wish to welcome you back to Hythe Imperial Hotel & Spa during your next visit.

Kaushik Guha Majumder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Stade Court Hotel
Port Lympne Hotel
Port Lympne Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lympne
London Beach Country Hotel & Spa

Been to Hythe Imperial? Share your experiences!