My partner and I spent yesterday at the Hythe Imperial ,on arrival we found there was plenty of free parking and the reception areas was very well presented and the staff very friendly and helpful.
Our room was not one that had been refurbished, so we knew there would be some areas that needed improving, but overall it was clean , comfortable with crisp white sheets and plenty of towels and no shortage of hot water, it was very large and had a duel aspect one side you could see the sea and the other side the golf course. Decor could be updated but the hotel is in the middle of being renovated.
We used the spa area my only fault here was it was very busy but the pool was a good depth and very clean and a good temperature, the jacuzzi was lovely when you could get in and the steam room was very relaxing, could have done with a few more relaxation beds, but I think if it wasn't so busy this would have been fine. The relaxation room and bar near the gym was lovely and a great place to have a drink and a chat. The gym is well equipped and my partner and I had a great work out. The staff and other visitors were very friendly. We had a cooked breakfast and this was well cooked and the dining area was very clean and decorated well and the crockery and cutlery were of good quality. The experience was great and we would love to return and experience one of the renovated rooms. But we would like to say the staff although young we're very friendly, polite and aimed to make our stay an excellent experience.
My partner phone to ask if we could have our heating turned back on and this was no problem in fact it was on all night .A big thank you to all the staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hythe Imperial is a four star Victorian seafront hotel with stunning views over the English Channel. It boasts 94 en-suite bedrooms, leisure club, spa facilities including ESPA treatments, indoor pool, 9 hole golf course, 4 function suites, 2 restaurants, 2 bars and is licensed for civil ceremonies. Wireless internet available throughout, 24 hour room service and free parking. **** Please note our hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment programme with the ground floor and level one now complete. Level 2 will be out of service between January 2016 and July 2016, Levels 3 and 4 will be refurbished between Summer 2016 and Summer 2017 **** Our hotel is located close to Dover Ferry Ports, Channel Tunnel, Ashford International and the Eurostar. Explore the Kent countryside and attractions such as Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway & Port Lympne Wild Animal Park. With the hotel currently being renovated, there is the possibility of minimal disturbances with respect to guest stays and the leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hythe Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel And Spa
- Accor Hythe Imperial
- Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Hythe Imperial Kent