“hen do spa day.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hythe
New Romney, United Kingdom
“hen do spa day.”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My bridesmaids booked us a spa day for my hen do, and we was all thrilled with the day from start to finish. In the description it said 30 min treatment and a light lunch with full use of all the facilities. We was pleasantly surprised with the choices for lunch we all had the burger on the the staffs recommendation and it was really tasty, you could tell it was proper hand made from butcher meat. On arrival we was given robes towels and slippers and all the tea coffee and water we wanted. 2 of us went in at a time for our chosen treatments while the rest enjoyed all other facilities swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, steam room, gym and sun loungers to relax on. All in all it was a great day nothing was to much trouble. Treatments we had were all really good and felt so relaxed after. The staff were all really helpful! Special thanks to Katie, Kenzie, Vesna!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Olly S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Convenient for our early start on Eurotunnel we had 2 rooms on the 4th floor at the hotel. The last time we stopped was 13 years ago and had high expectations. Both rooms seemed tired and in need of refurb. We had a good sized bathroom but the hot water barely trickled out of the tap. The shower wasn't great but as we arrived at 7pm and departed at 6am we didn't expect any plumbing repairs to be fair. We didn't eat there so can't comment. Drink in the bar and pleasant bar staff. The security on the room door was barely functional. The handle had worn a hole into the door and the whole thing was rattling and weak. The reception and common area's are freshly refurbed and nice. Just wish I could have said the same about the fourth floor!

Room Tip: Avoid 4th Floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
herts
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed for one night for our anniversary and were not disappointed . The Hotel is perhaps a little tired but we only paid £50.00 for B&B and was excellent value for money.We had a sea view on the Fourth floor the room was spacious decor was OK but the bathroom let it down a bit. Everything was very clean and the Staff friendly & helpful . We did not use the Spa or pool as the weather was too nice to be inside. Hythe is a charming little town with no tatty shops cafes or Pubs on the Prom. The town is a short walk from the Hotel and has several Pubs & Restaurants.The breakfast in the morning was good and you could choose from cook to order , buffet ,fruit ,cereal , cold meats & pastries The staff in the morning were very attentive and there was no shortage of them.

Room Tip: We stayed if Room 410 with a good view of the sea it was fairly quiet. The only down side you could...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cliveoHerts
London
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights for a work event. Food was lovely breakfast and both dinners, although the tea provided in the breaks was dreadful - so weak! Communal rooms were comfortable - although still smelling of paint. (Not sure about the overwhelming pinkness in the ladies 'powder room'). Bedroom was clean and spacious but the mattress was far too soft for my liking. Broadband so slow I gave up trying. The staff were mostly friendly but special mention must go to Beth (events management?) who was friendly, helpful, energetic and basically brilliant!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I went here at the weekend with my Mum and another 2 friends. There was a mix up when we arrived which meant only 1 room had been reserved for us - even though I had pre-booked and paid for 2 rooms. Luckily there was another room available but it was of a completely different standard of quality which, given I was charged the same price for each room, was unacceptable. After complaining we were given a complimentary bottle of champagne. The receptionist was extremely unfriendly upon arrival and when I enquired about spa treatments she barked at me "Its fully booked all weekend" without looking up. This was a shame considering we had come here purely to relax in the spa but that's my own fault for not prebooking treatments. The spa area was ok -very busy and loads of kids in the pool. The rooms were shabby - holes in the blinds and carpets but apparently they are refurbing soon. We did spend a few hours in the bar after returning from a meal out in Hythe and there was one member of staff who was absolutely lovely and this was the most enjoyable part of the stay. Definitely not the relaxing spa break I was hoping for

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to review us about your recent stay at Hythe Imperial. I am very disappointed to know that your stay wasn't satisfactory this time with us due to some unfortunate incidents.

You have mentioned about the booking of two rooms, which you booked through Spabreak.com and you were correct as you had the confirmation with you for two rooms, but my receptionist also showed you upon arrival the confirmation we have from Spabreak.com which states 1 room for double occupancy. It was a communication error from spabreak about your amendmended booking of second room which we never received. Thankfully we had a room left which we were able to offer you then and there. I guess my receptionist did well on that situation even it wasn't hotel's fault. The second room in your opinion was inferior, but they are actualy same category. All our rooms differ in terms of decor, sizes and I confirm that you have been given same type of rooms as for twin room, we have only one category, which is standard twins.

Secondly, you have been offered complimentory dinner for all four of you just to make you comfortable, which you have declined, then my Reception Manager decided to give you a complimentory sparkling wine which you accepted to have in the pool area. After hearing the whole incident from my Reception Manager, I decided not to send any cheap sparkling, rather to send you a bottle of Laurent Perrier Champagne. I think from the hotel management side, we have showed a great gesture and tried our best to lift up your mood.

Thirdly, you have complained about not getting any Spa treatment. Just to inform you that we are a leisure and spa hotel and our spa is very busy sometimes, so that need to be booked beforehand. Your room booking was on B&B and there was no request of spa treatment. But I hope you understand that if we had any slots available that day, we could have fit you in as we did in case of your room.

I am glad to hear about the bar team member service was lovely and that part you have really enjoyed. I wish to welcome you again at Hythe Imperial and believe next time you will enjoy it completely.

Regards,

Kaushik Guha Majumder

Travellers are raving about these Hythe hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Decided to go back to the Imperial, last minute, 1st day of Spring Trip. Haven't been back to Hotel since August due to poor weather, we normally go 4/5 times a year for short breaks and our annual summer holiday for the last three years.
The hotel is undergoing major refurbishment, and the the bar and restaurant look stunning. We sneaked a peak at the ballroom already dressed for its first wedding since the refurb., and it was breathtaking. I was concerned the hotel would lose some of its charm and individuality, but the developers haven't turned it into a bland run of the mill chain hotel, thankfully.
I always think of the Imperial as a charming old lady by the sea, and she has retained her charm.

The staff seem really proud of the hotel, and refurb., keen to show me all the changes, and offer me lots of information about the new Chef on board. They are clearly very excited.
Harriett was on hand at reception helping with a wedding party . The reception girls really do meet you with a smile and have lots of local info on local places of interest for kids and adults alike.

The room was delightful, and so was our lunch. After a walk on the beach, a game of tennis we took a dip in the pool. I can honestly say that after coming to the hotel for 25years, as a couple and then with the family and extended family, each time its great. We are greeted warmly and nothing is too much trouble. Children are made very welcome, and there is plenty for them to do. Swimming, cycling, tennis, and plenty of fresh air, and all free!

The hotel is going from strength to strength, and the new look reception rooms and bar and dining room look stunning along with great food, its a winning combination.
I am looking forward to my Easter break, already. Well Done ...

Room Tip: Sea view will keep you gazing for hours! Great food in the restaurant.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on tripadvisor about your recent stay at Hythe Imperial. I am delighted to hear that your stay was satisfactory and you will be back to us in Easter.

I have passed your comments to all staff which I am sure will encourage them to do better everytime.

I will be looking forward to welcome you back at Hythe Imperial during Easter.

Regards,

Kaushik guha Majumder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Seabrook House
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Grand Burstin Hotel
Grand Burstin Hotel
#9 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Hythe Imperial? Share your experiences!