Hythe Imperial
Travelocity
Sandgate Hotel(Sandgate)
US$60
US$112
Best Western Plus Burlington Hotel(Folkestone)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$60
Priceline
US$62
Wards Hotel(Folkestone)
  • Restaurant
1,964 results
All reviewssea viewcoast restaurantchampagne barafternoon teasea frontspa facilitiesjunior suitesteam roompublic areasspa breaklovely roomshort breaka lovely staychannel tunnelrenovationholyballroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed over a night in May. Hotel is in a fabulous location, directly on the beach, unfortunately the sea view room we had overlooked the building work and scaffolding so better off with an inland view. The rooms are very tired and in need of updating, the beds are a standard double! Which this day and age is strange, needs king size beds throughout.
The corridors are really tatty, and littered with people's breakfast/room service trays.
Obviously not enough staff.
The bar staff were helpful and rushed off their feet poor things, with nobody seeming to have much idea what their next job should be, needs a management overhaul, to run professionally, the bar area seats and tables were all dirty and also littered with plates etc, not cleared as not enough staff.
It's not the staff at fault, it's management.
Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Hythe Imperial, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Hythe Imperial and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having been given a voucher for the spa last year by my partner's nephew, it wasn't until last week (Thursday 22 May) that we finally set aside the time to make use of it - and I'm so pleased we did. From the moment we set foot inside the Hotel and then the Spa we were greeted by smiling members of staff, who were genuinely happy to see us. We were warmly welcomed at the Spa reception, which smelled absolutely wonderful by the way, by Katie and Sha and offered a drink of our choice before filling in a short life-style questionnaire. After that we were given our robes/slippers and walked through to the pool/Jacuzzi/steam room/sauna area. We took advantage of all these facilities as well as a 25 min massage (neck/shoulders/back) later in the afternoon by expert therapists, Rachel and Vesna, followed by a wonderful 45 mins drinking tea and sitting with our feet on the hot stone plinth listening to relaxing music. My partner has never really been one for this sort of thing, but he has now been converted and without any pressure from me! We also noted a very well equipped gym, which unfortunately we didn't have time to use, but we will certainly be returning, hopefully on a more regular basis now, and I intend to set aside days on our calendar to relax and unwind at this wonderful Spa and maybe next time try the gym too. The entire Spa team are clearly great ambassadors for the Mercure Hythe Imperial and deserve such praise. Denise Bond

1  Thank Denise B

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My boyfriend booked a 1 night Spa break for our Anniversary & we couldn't have asked for more! From check-in to check-out the staff could not have been more helpful & accommodating. Our room was lovely & very spacious with robes, slippers & towels provided. There was also every tea & coffee you could imagine available on the welcome tray which pleased my partner no end!! We had 1 x 25 minute Spa treatment each which were carried out by lovely therapists in very relaxing treatment rooms. The main pool, Spa pool, Sauna & Steam room are all kept very clean & towels were provided when signing in at the health club Reception.
We had a Dinner, bed & breakfast package included in our stay & the food was amazing! So much choice & all freshly cooked. The waiting staff were excellent, especially Ronan who could not have been more polite & was making sure to check on us regularly to make sure we were ok & had everything we needed.
Overall the hotel, Spa, food, staff & accommodation were definitely 4*. Would highly recommend this hotel to all.

1  Thank Laura C
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay.

I wish to welcome you back to Mercure Hythe Imperial during your next visit to South coast and hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed two nights here as we were attending a wedding at a nearby venue. Anyone arriving at the moment will find that there is a great deal of building work on the seafront side of the building. It is a very imposing structure were it not for this and will look good at some stage in the future. I am told that the rooms on the fourth floor are all refurbished but we were initially given a room on the first floor with a garden view. We were very disappointed with this room. The furnishings were tatty and the room was far from spotless. We sat contemplating this for a while and I tried to watch TV. This was difficult at first until I noticed that the aerial lead was unplugged! Minor I know but this is supposedly a 4 Star Hotel.
We decided to complain and were shown an alternative room on the second floor. This had a limited sea view but was an improvement in fittings and cleanliness. The duty manager met us and heard our complaint with understanding and offered us complimentary drinks after we told him we were eating out both nights. The staff we dealt with were all efficient and in the main very pleasant.
Breakfast on both days was certainly very adequate and on the whole the facilities we used were good but because of the original room I cannot rate this hotel any higher at the moment.
The task of refurbishing a hotel of this size is an enormous feat and I hope they succeed in completing it as Hythe is a very pleasant town.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a refurbished room with a sea view
1  Thank David L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Hythe Imperial, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations completely. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. I assure you that we are going through an aggressive refurbishment and all the rooms will be revamped over next 12 months.