“Ist Anniversary celebration”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hythe
Kentish Riviera
“Ist Anniversary celebration”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Good in the public areas, less so in the room. (306), which was Clean but in need of a refresh. Excellent view across the bay. Brilliant Breakfast. Didn't use the spa facilities but appeared to be in good order. Overall I would recommend this Hotel and hope that you get a refurbished room. I have suggested this hotel as a possible venue for my Daughters wedding on the strength of the obvious work being done to improve the Hotel at present.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you very much for suggesting this hotel as possible venue for your daughter's wedding.

Kaushik Guha Majumder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Polish first
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Last weekend I stayed at the Hythe Imperial along with 14 friends and family members for my hen weekend. It took quite a bit of organising and I made several phone calls, exchanged many emails and had to cancel a couple of rooms. Each time I called, the staff member was helpful and friendly. We arrived at various intervals during the day and we were each booked in for a spa treatment. Many of the rooms were available earlier than the advertised 2 pm check-in, mine wasn't but I was able to leave my luggage at reception and have some lunch. The weekend was a great success, everyone enjoyed their stay, the rooms were comfortable and dinner delicious. Plenty of choice and as much as you could eat for breakfast too. Lovely spa treatments and use of the very nice pool and jacuzzi. Some even used the gym. All the staff we met were friendly and helpful and it was extremely good value for money. Would definitely stay there again. I hope the refurbishment will not take away some of the individual charm of the rooms. Also loved the ladies powder room near the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alison H
Dear guest,

Kaushik guha Majumder
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Booked this hotel with my Tesco deals vouchers 2 nights bed and breakfast managed to get the bank holiday weekend. The hotel appears to have had a lot of refurbishment, but maintains a very grand feel. The bedroom was elegant with high ceiling, I have to mention the ladies powder room by reception which has been decorated beautifully, I really wanted to show my husband lol, apparently the gents were not very nice, still waiting their makeover (but do men really appreciate these little touches the way us ladies do). The breakfast on both mornings was fantastic, everything you could possibly want for breakfast and more, I must admit we did over indulge, husband having three of their wonderful sausages. Finally the staff were all fantastic, helpful, polite, and chatty the hotel either have a great training programme, or are very good at recruiting such a nice team of staff, they are a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view when booking, we got room overlooking golf course which was nice, but there was a f...

Sussex
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed over a night in May. Hotel is in a fabulous location, directly on the beach, unfortunately the sea view room we had overlooked the building work and scaffolding so better off with an inland view. The rooms are very tired and in need of updating, the beds are a standard double! Which this day and age is strange, needs king size beds throughout.
The corridors are really tatty, and littered with people's breakfast/room service trays.
Obviously not enough staff.
The bar staff were helpful and rushed off their feet poor things, with nobody seeming to have much idea what their next job should be, needs a management overhaul, to run professionally, the bar area seats and tables were all dirty and also littered with plates etc, not cleared as not enough staff.
It's not the staff at fault, it's management.
Wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Hythe Imperial, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Hythe Imperial and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Canterbury
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having been given a voucher for the spa last year by my partner's nephew, it wasn't until last week (Thursday 22 May) that we finally set aside the time to make use of it - and I'm so pleased we did. From the moment we set foot inside the Hotel and then the Spa we were greeted by smiling members of staff, who were genuinely happy to see us. We were warmly welcomed at the Spa reception, which smelled absolutely wonderful by the way, by Katie and Sha and offered a drink of our choice before filling in a short life-style questionnaire. After that we were given our robes/slippers and walked through to the pool/Jacuzzi/steam room/sauna area. We took advantage of all these facilities as well as a 25 min massage (neck/shoulders/back) later in the afternoon by expert therapists, Rachel and Vesna, followed by a wonderful 45 mins drinking tea and sitting with our feet on the hot stone plinth listening to relaxing music. My partner has never really been one for this sort of thing, but he has now been converted and without any pressure from me! We also noted a very well equipped gym, which unfortunately we didn't have time to use, but we will certainly be returning, hopefully on a more regular basis now, and I intend to set aside days on our calendar to relax and unwind at this wonderful Spa and maybe next time try the gym too. The entire Spa team are clearly great ambassadors for the Mercure Hythe Imperial and deserve such praise. Denise Bond

1 Thank Denise B

Kaushik Guha Majumder
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Seabrook House
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Grand Burstin Hotel
Grand Burstin Hotel
#9 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Hythe Imperial? Share your experiences!