Me and my husband booked a one night break including dinner and breakfast and a spa treatment each.
I'll start with the good points as there weren't many! The hotel staff are very nice and friendly, made us feel welcome. The front reception area has been renovated and looks very good. Breakfast was amazing! A big selection of Continental and English breakfasts. We had booked a 25 minute spa treatment each (as part of our package) which very good - I would definitely recommend the spa and the gym facilities were good also.
Now on to the bad! We had requested a sea view room (which we got - views are stunning) and after having read the reviews on trip advisor requested a refurbished room also (which we didn't get) the rooms are NOT 4 star material - flaking paint, dirty bathroom, shabby carpets, very very hot in the rooms and extremely small tv just to list a few points! Dinner menu was extremely limited with very slow service, we felt forgotten about most of the meal. Food was not up to a 4 star standard. I had the lamb kofta which I requested to be well done and was told rather rudely that it is always well done, when it came out it was over cooked on the outside and pink on the inside (I can't eat pink meat) but as the service was so slow I decided it wasn't worth saying anything or else I'd be waiting all night!
The swimming and jacuzzi area were very dirty, the cream tiles around the jacuzzi were actually turning black! And the steam room had hair on the floor - very disappointing. Changing rooms were also dirty with flaking paint everywhere.
Overall I was disappointed and think the hotel should not be sold as a 4 star hotel at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hythe Imperial is a four star Victorian seafront hotel with stunning views over the English Channel. It boasts 94 en-suite bedrooms, leisure club, spa facilities including ESPA treatments, indoor pool, 9 hole golf course, 4 function suites, 2 restaurants, 2 bars and is licensed for civil ceremonies. Wireless internet available throughout, 24 hour room service and free parking. **** Please note our hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment programme with the ground floor and level one now complete. Level 2 will be out of service between January 2016 and July 2016, Levels 3 and 4 will be refurbished between Summer 2016 and Summer 2017 **** Our hotel is located close to Dover Ferry Ports, Channel Tunnel, Ashford International and the Eurostar. Explore the Kent countryside and attractions such as Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway & Port Lympne Wild Animal Park. With the hotel currently being renovated, there is the possibility of minimal disturbances with respect to guest stays and the leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Hythe Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel And Spa
- Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Accor Hythe Imperial
- Imperial Hotel Hythe
- Hythe Imperial Kent