Hythe Imperial
Travelocity
Sandgate Hotel(Sandgate)
US$60
US$112
Best Western Plus Burlington Hotel(Folkestone)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$92
  • Restaurant
US$62
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,964 results
All reviewssea viewcoast restaurantchampagne barafternoon teasea frontspa facilitiesjunior suitesteam roompublic areasspa breaklovely roomshort breaka lovely staychannel tunnelrenovationholyballroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upon arrival the 1st question: why did they not mention that there is major building work in progress. In the room: has nobody noticed the torn net curtain in the peeling window. In the bar: the only champagne on offer is flat or you can have cava. In the restaurant: almost no seasoning used and if you want wine you'd better order by the list number as the name means nothing. You can order a morning paper but you have to go and get it from reception as nobody thought to deliver it. Want breakfast? Don't expect bacon 'cos it's all gone before 9 a.m.
Most of the staff tried hard; some went above and beyond the call of duty, but their hands were tied by some obviously lacklustre management. This place needs to try much, much harder.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Hythe Imperial, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Hythe Imperial and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Me and my husband booked a one night break including dinner and breakfast and a spa treatment each.

I'll start with the good points as there weren't many! The hotel staff are very nice and friendly, made us feel welcome. The front reception area has been renovated and looks very good. Breakfast was amazing! A big selection of Continental and English breakfasts. We had booked a 25 minute spa treatment each (as part of our package) which very good - I would definitely recommend the spa and the gym facilities were good also.

Now on to the bad! We had requested a sea view room (which we got - views are stunning) and after having read the reviews on trip advisor requested a refurbished room also (which we didn't get) the rooms are NOT 4 star material - flaking paint, dirty bathroom, shabby carpets, very very hot in the rooms and extremely small tv just to list a few points! Dinner menu was extremely limited with very slow service, we felt forgotten about most of the meal. Food was not up to a 4 star standard. I had the lamb kofta which I requested to be well done and was told rather rudely that it is always well done, when it came out it was over cooked on the outside and pink on the inside (I can't eat pink meat) but as the service was so slow I decided it wasn't worth saying anything or else I'd be waiting all night!

The swimming and jacuzzi area were very dirty, the cream tiles around the jacuzzi were actually turning black! And the steam room had hair on the floor - very disappointing. Changing rooms were also dirty with flaking paint everywhere.

Overall I was disappointed and think the hotel should not be sold as a 4 star hotel at all.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Natasha T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at Mercure Hythe Imperial Hotel and spa. I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We are presently working on the front side of the building and after completion of the site, we will be revamping the rooms. I assure you that all the rooms will be revamped over next 12 months.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Looked forward to an overnight stay but was disappointed. At £95 each for bed and breakfast, was immediately faced with very tired looking bedroom that needs a redecoration. Couldn't get the WiFi to work. Decided to have a sandwich to be told they were out of Ham. Tried to get in for dinner but was faced with a 2 hour wait because they had a coachload in. All in all, not an experience I want to repeat.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had a short break with my Wife in May and what a pleasant stay we had. Nice clean room, good views over the sea, helpful staff and lovely food in the restaurant where both Mark and Josh looked after us very well indeed. We shall certainly go back later this year, not least to sample the excellent breakfast on offer. Well done guys !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RONNIE690

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and congratulate personally two teambers you have mentioned. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.