“Beautiful room with a great view”
Review of Hythe Imperial

Hythe Imperial
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hythe
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My partner and I had a beautiful room with a great view, we stayed in room 316 and had a generously sized double bed with two bedside tables, a cupboard, two chest of draws and a vanity desk (with a hair dryer). There was a small room joining the bedroom to the bathroom (which had an ironing board) and the bathroom had two showers, a jacuzzi (whose jets were a tad disappointing), a loo and sink.

We did feel a little insecure with not being able to lock the door from the inside and there was a gap between the door and floor which let in a lot of noise. The lift up to the room was rather small and very slow and when the doors opened on our floor we felt that it wasn't as "done up" as the ground floor.

The staff were very accommodating and helped us when we needed it, and they were very attentive in the restaurant (although we were asked whether we wanted water 3 times before we received any) and the food was nice.

Room Tip: The rooms on the lower floors seem to have recently been renovated and its definitely worth asking f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Mercure Hythe Imperial regarding your recent stay. I am glad to know that most of your stay was satisfactory.

We are going through refurbishment and all the other floors and rooms will be revamped over this year and next year. I assure you that you will find this hotel has more to offer once the revamp is complete.

I wish to welcome you back to Mercure Hythe Imperial during your next visit to South coast.

Your sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Hythe Imperial

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for just one night ,just to relax , we loved the hotel
It's in a great location , we paid extra for a seaview and I'm glad we did .
Ten minute walk to the town with its great bars . The kings head being the best.
The room was clean , the pillows were awful for me but that's personal taste .
Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice .
We opted to have dinner out as we just didn't fancy anything on the menu that day but it all looked fine .
We will definitely come back , probably for 2 nights next time.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I am delighted that you will choose us to came here again in future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The hotel looks amazing and has a great position on the seafront. Some of the public areas have been refurbished since I stayed here last and were quite nice. We got a free upgrade to a Junior Suite which was gratefully received but the overall experience was still underwhelming and still felt a bit overpriced despite the upgrade! On the plus side the view was good, the bed was comfortable and the layout of the room was nice.However the fixtures and fittings probably looked good in 1983 but alas now just look very tired and worn out. Breakfast was ok foodwise but like some over reviewers we found the service was pretty poor and we had to go and find someone to serve us coffee.
I wouldn't discourage people from staying here as it is still one of the best hotels in the area but I would recommend that you manage your expectations accordingly!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Mercure Hythe Imperial, but I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations completely. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns and prevent future occurrence. We are going through refurbishment as you have noticed the change, and the other areas will be done periodically and assure you that it will live up to your expectation once completed.

We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mercure Hythe Imperial and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience.

Kaushik Guh aMajumder

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with friends for just one night. Paid extra to have sea view and it was really worth it!

My room was large and comfortable but a little tired. As on 4th floor window didn't open that far bit others has pigeons fly in. There is building work going on but didn't inconvenience us!

Stayed: July 2014
Kaushik G, Operations Manager at Hythe Imperial, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us upon your recent stay at Mercure Hythe Imperial. I am delighted to know that your stay was satisfactory and you liked the room. We are going through planned refurbishment as you have noticed the building work outside and the room will be revamped once we finish with outside work. I assure you after the complete revamp, you will find this hotel has more to offer.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I wrote the following email to the General Manager(27/6/14) and have not received a reply!
"We have been visiting Coast on a regular basis since January this year and have always enjoyed our experience.We visited last evening and could not fail to notice a very distinct difference.Jacob and his team were,as always,welcoming and efficient.But we were so disappointed with the new menu.Yes,the price has been reduced but we felt the quality and choice had been jeopardised.Starters were just fine but no option for a supplement.Main dishes were so disappointing-to say the least-Steak and Ale Pie was delicious but we go to our local pub for Pie!!Also portions have been influenced by the reduction in price.Desserts were the most affected-I don't feel Ice Cream alone and Fruit Salad qualifies'Fine Dining" particularly for a charge of £5.We loved Coast and shall stay with you and see how it goes.I appreciate you have budgets to stick to but am not sure this is a good move.Just a minor thing but your Website still gives the old men and options-should this be amended.This is not a complaint just my views and thoughts-we used to bring guests to Coast but feel we may have to find another venue to impress! Kind Regards
Perhaps this means of contact will prompt some sort or reply or even an acknowledgement.

Room Tip: We did not stay the night so cannot comment

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on tripadvisor regarding your recent experience at Coast restaurant. First of all I would like to thank you for being a loyal guest and apologise for giving you cause to complain. I am so sorry if there was a delay in response from us as you have mentioned and it is purely because the General Manager is on annual leave at the moment. I realised it as soon as I saw your review on tripadvisor, our apology for the delay.

We are going through some changes in the front of the house and Kitchen and assure you that the menu won't be the same as it is now. We had to take a temporary measurement to act upon the present situation as we had to keep the restaurant going on. We have plans for a reduced set menu and an a-la-carte to give more choices to the guest. The new head chef will be putting his signature dishes on the menu to make it more Fine Dine quality. I completely agree with you on the dessert part and as I have mentioned, it is going to be different within few weeks.

I assure you once we are ready with the new menu and wine list, you will find Coast has more to offer. I wish to welcome you back at Coast and Hythe Imperial again in near future. Please contact me at h6862-sb2@accor.com if I may be of any other assistance for the time being.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Seabrook House
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Grand Burstin Hotel
Grand Burstin Hotel
#9 of 10 in Folkestone

Been to Hythe Imperial? Share your experiences!