“good rations for hungry travelers”

The Spitfire Cafe Hythe
Ranked #11 of 77 Restaurants in Hythe
Cuisines: British, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: opening days and times..Mondays to Saturdays 08:00-14:30 sundays..10:00 - 14:30 and closed Tuesdays Hi my lovely little cafe has now been established for 2 years and thankfully is going well ! The inspiration behind my cafe are my grandparents which you will see many of there photos around the cafe along with loads of ww1 and 2 memerab ilia which I have collected over the years, many items have been given to me by the local people of hythe along with there stories!!! We serve a lovely breakfast large and small the spitfire up to the pilot special!! Along with burgers normal or steak, chicken breast nuggets baked pots salads gammon and much more..... Hot and cold drinks including filter coffee... The cafe has its own toilet and hand washing facilities.... The cafe seats up to 20 people and you can phone your order through if you don't want to wait as everything is cooked fresh!!.... Please be aware the cafe is a converted shipping container along with a 12 by 12 military tent for frontage it's not the ritz!!!! Very clean and cracking food !
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“good rations for hungry travelers”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife and I found this place while driving along the coast road towards Folkstone at the weekend and what a great little place! pouring down with rain we saw the army tent at the side of the road and thought we'll have a go, and we were glad we did! what a breakfast and what a great attitude the owner had. Listen to the retro war time music and sit in an army mess room built to satisfy the hungry traveler. worth the trip in itself!!

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“jolly boys go out”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

me and drove past the spitfire so done a u turn which was the right thing todo the owner simon was very helpful and pleasent the food was very good and value for the money the place is packed with history witch is a great plus colin loved being ex army great job keep going see you soon

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Great food and very friendly welcome”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was passing by with my parents looking for somewhere to eat when I spotted the Spitfire Cafe. We turned around, parked and I headed over to ask if they were still serving. I could see that the proprietor and his assistant were in the process of cleaning the place ready to close but he kindly offered to cook us whatever we wanted from the menu.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our freshly cooked and filling meals and were impressed with the friendly welcome and all the interesting memorabilia. Simon was happy to share stories about his time in the Paras and explain about the various artifacts. My Dad had done his national service in the paratroop regiment so he thoroughly enjoyed chatting with Simon about their shared experiences albeit decades apart.
A very enjoyable and interesting meal!
It turned out to be a really good find

London
“"Chocks away....." make room for a meal first! (Sorry)”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Having driven past on so many occasions when we have been visiting Hythe we finally stopped last Saturday. Even though they were in the process of clearing up (we were unaware they had closed well over an hour earlier) we were still greeted by the exceptionally delightful owner (whose name escapes me (grrr)). He insisted that he could still get us something together to eat and ushered us in. Whilst he proceeded to rustle us up big, filling, delicious baguettes and some chips it gave us the opportunity to look around. What can I say.......the outside seating area (being covered by an army tent) is fabulous enough but the inside is something else. The memorabilia, photos, magazines, articles, knick-knacks. The only word for it is WOW! A cafe that presents good, honest, no frills, damn fine food whilst at the same time serving as the most amazing memorial and museum. Crammed full of history it is a tribute not only to those who have fought for their country but to the dedication and pride of the owner. We will be heading back again (this time during opening hours (!))

Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Unusual!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We went for breakfast here last Sunday. The kitchen area looked really clean, the owner was busy cooking and it became busier as we spent time there. One for a sunny day as most of the seating is out side, but a very innovative cafe you probably won't find anything like this anywhere else. The food was good and the staff friendly. There was even a bit of a mini garden well kept. Defo worth the experience and will probably go again!! Try it!

• Visited July 2014

Been to The Spitfire Cafe Hythe? Share your experiences!