“Location good, staff brilliant, hotel very bad”
Review of Stade Court Hotel

Stade Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hythe
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I booked 1 double & 2 single rooms, 2 rooms were on the !st floor the other on the 3rd floor, when we came to this room, the carpets in the corridor (dangerously)were up, 2 men one dressed in a chief uniform were attending to a serious pipe leak just outside the door.We should not have even been given this room at that time for Health and Safety issues. The room was v.dirty, shower broken & furniture was not nice at all.Manager said he would move my friend the next day, as he was full, which did happen.Hotel is very tired and extremely scruffy in places, and not following any fire rules with exit doors being propped open, doors which were labelled "keep locked at all times" open. Rubbish in the car park, dirty and cracked windows,the carpets are so old and not matching in the corridors. Food and service was excellent on the whole, but maintenance staff who were called to repair our flush (twice) very patronising saying we were not using the flush correctly!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 23 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank befreeuk
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stay at The Stade Court to visit family in Hythe. This was at least our sixth stay there and as usual we have no complaints. My partner has mobility issues and we are always booked into the same room, as it has a walk in shower. The staff are always polite, efficient and always willing to help. OK, so the hotel could do with a lick of paint but it does exactly what it says on the tin. Its clean, friendly and the breakfast is more than adequate. There are plenty of rooms with seaveiws and the bed is very comfy. I would highly recommend the hotel and will be staying there again on our next visit to Hythe.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view.
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Booked thro a KGB deal 2 night b&b with evening meal 1st night.
Sea view room amazing like a maisonette with an upstairs viewing lounge. Bed comfy with crisp linen and fluffy towels, tea
making facilities. Free parking , hotel right on the beach front 10 min walk to centre of town.

Very very helpful staff with a "can do attitude" food amazing.

Hythe a very interesting Victorian town, we went on the miniature railway to Dungeness.

On the downside, it is somewhat tired but for what we got at an amazing price, no way could you moan.
Defiantly recommend 5 star s

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lavallin1881
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on our way to France. The hotel is situated right on the sea front offering great views out to sea if you get a sea view room and ideal for access into Hythe which is a lovely town with lots of quaint shops, tea rooms and restaurants. The rear area of the hotel where you park your car is rather seedy and untidy, not exactly an inviting experience. The reception area is very tired and could do with redecoration, new flooring etc. Our room (114) was supposed to be non-smoking but when we opened the door to the room the stench of stale cigarettes hit you, it was disgusting. In addition one of the double glazing units had blown and you couldn't see out of the window.

However, I did complain and the gentleman at reception offered us an alternative room which was ok for the night. No air con, mini bar, hairdryer and the usual things you normally get in hotels these days. The shower was a bit tedious to get the right temperature and there was mould around the bath.

Finally (and this may be just a coincidence) we used the hotel internet access on our laptop and since then we have had repeated attempts from all over the world to hack into out accounts. I've reported this to the hotel.

We wouldn't stay again.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

After reading the previous reviews we were fairly dubious about booking it, even though it was on a KGB deal, but so glad we did
We were greeted with a warm welcome by two young ladies manning reception and efficiently checked in. Upon arriving in our room were met with a telephone call to check everything was ok, which it was. Yes it does need some updating and there were a few niggly things but it made no impact on our stay
We had a 3 course evening meal in with the deal and expected a mediocre feast but have to say the food was excellent! I've paid more money for lesser quality in a restaurant. We gave all three choices at the same time and waited no more than 10 minutes in between courses. The staff in the restaurant were very courteous and efficient
Even when it came to asking the cleaner (who hardly spoke English) for replenishments she grasped what I wanted and returned within minutes with my requirements
I don't think any of the hotel staff are barely over 25 but are all customer focused and delivered a brilliant service - well done!!!

1  Thank cookiegirl45
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Best Western more like Worst Western!!!!.

We had two rooms one family and one single. Firstly on check in I was given a room that was already occupied letting myself into a room to find someone's stuff in there was quite worrying i guess I am lucky there was no one in!!!! Secondly our bath was leaking and water was poring through the ceiling in the hall way outside my room as it was a family room the bathroom was upstairs. Finally, we spent our evening at a wedding reception in the hotel up the road (I can only share my regret that we couldn't get a room there) I have two children aged 11 as all us parents know its hard to find an 11year old something they would eat at a posh wedding reception however I had read earlier that our hotel had food available 24HOURS so I thought no problem when we get back to our hotel we can order room service and get the kids something to eat but no when I called down to reception for the 4th time of trying I was told I'm sorry we have no food available at all. very poor hotel (I find it hard to call it a hotel it's more of a B&B) don't bother booking for the money I would stay at a Premier inn or any ware other than a WorstWeatern!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Regularuser18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hythe
Hythe Imperial
Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel
The Ship Hotel
The Ship Hotel
#2 of 2 in New Romney

Been to Stade Court Hotel? Share your experiences!