“A different way for Kids to see Santa” 4 of 5 bubbles

Owner description: City should read New Romney, Kent not Littlestone
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“A different way for Kids to see Santa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2015

We went with my daughter, son in law and 8 year old grandson. Arrived 40 minutes before our 11.50 train. Parking limited but we eventually found a spot. Had a coffee, then took one very excited boy onto the train. When we got to New Romney, we were in the 1st of the 3 groups to see Santa. We waited our turn in a small grotto then in to see the man himself. We didn't feel rushed and got a photograph for £7 and of course, a present for the little one. Next was mulled wine, sausage roll and mince pies. The children had juice, cake ,milky way and a sausage roll. After a few minutes in the model railway museum it was time to catch the train back. A lovely way to see Santa

• Polish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Santa train”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

Took a trip on the Santa train on the 20th December. When we booked I thought £20 was a bit expensive but different from that we have done before.
On arrival we were met by cheery friendly staff and boarded the train. Chugged along a bit and soon arrived at New Romney and then the fun began. We saw Santa pass on his own train which excited the kids.
We visited the model railway and then met Santa and on for refreshments. The gift from Santa was excellent and much to my surprise the refreshments were free, (coffee, tea, mince pies, cakes, chocolate and hot sausage rolls).
All things considered this was excellent value and well worth £20.
Overall the event was well run and organised and great fun. Thank you for a great morning out and would definitely recommend.

Folkestone, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2015

Went with family on the Santa special. The whole experience was wonderful !. Santa's grotto was very friendly. We had a photo with Santa which was ready in minutes ! Not expensive either . lovely snack for adults and kids. And we were lucky as it snowed !. Will be booking for next year.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A fantastic way to see father Xmas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

I took my 6 year old daughter to see father Xmas at Romney via the hythe and dymchurch railway and she loved it. Once at Romney we saw Santa arrive via his own personal steam train, we were then one of the first in to see him, he didn't really seem to know what to say to her but my daughter can be quite shy and quiet. She got a fantastic present as well. Then after we got complimentary mulled wine and juice, sausage rolls, mince pies, chocolate and cakes. Fantastic service for the money paid.
We would deffiantly recommend this.

Kent
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Santa Special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

We went here at the weekend, myself, my parents and my nearly 3 year old son. We were on the first train which left at 9.30am. The train ride was quite bumpy, it was lovely and warm and my son loved watching the scenery pass by - even had a football team stop their practice to wave us passed!

Unfortunately the thing that let the day down for us was communication - as we arrived at out destination lots of people were hanging around the platform which we hadn't realised was because Santa was due to come passed on his own train and so we nearly missed it. Once across the track and into the station there was a queue of people to one side which we joined only to be told by another visitor it was the queue for Santa (we were booked into a later slot) The small cafe was by this point crammed full, although again, no one had told us we could swap one of our tickets for a mince pie, sausage roll and a drink.

We spent sometime upside looking at the model railways which my son really enjoyed. An announcement over the tannoy told us when it was our time slot for Santa so we went back and queued. we spent about a minute with Santa and had 2 photos taken. When we came out we were not showed the photos, just handed one which had been printed. It was awful as 2 of us had our eyes closed and the other 2 were looking at one of the elves not the cameraman, so I wonder what the other had looked like! Photos were £7 for one.

We then went back up to the model railways and missed the snow machine which was outside, only realised it had "snowed" when the announcement telling us to get back on the train happened and we went outside.

Overall I would recommend the day, staff were all friendly however were at times disorganised. I feel our frustrations could've been avoided by better communication. The time there did feel rushed, and the photo opportunity was extremely poor. My Thomas the tank engine obsessed son had a great time.