“great place to be”

Action Watersports
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Lydd
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The South East Premier Watersports Venue you can be assured of the best water, the best service and the best equipment. Flyboard, Waterski, Wakeboard or Jet Ski on a private freshwater lake. Chill on a Standup Paddle Board, or enjoy our hilarious Fun Rides. Join the open water swimmers on a Tuesday and Thursday evening. Largest Lakeside shop in the South East - best prices, great service Slalom course, tournament boats, Zero Off, Wakeboard tower and Wedge. YOU choose your activity - all ages of thrill seekers welcome. Our sheltered lake ensures a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, whatever the weather! Come along and enjoy these adrenaline-pumped sports!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 August 2012

very friendly and profesional, great fun and good value. They realy look after you. all the gear you need was available and the shop was fully stocked with all the goodies and essentials. It was nice that there was a facility for cooking your own bar-b-que food as well at no charge.

1  Thank TimCrom
in 6 reviews
"wakeboard"
"instructor"

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I've been planning to visit Action Watersports for about 3 years, and I've finally managed to do it a couple of weeks ago. As an avid jet-skier (I had my own one, years ago), my plan was to introduce the (then terrified) wife to the joys of jet-skiing. I booked three 20 minutes sessions over the phone, and off we went to Lydd.
On arrival, I was greeted by (lovely) Nina, who checked the details and introduced me to Simon, "the man"!
After a quick chat, wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet on, I was briefed (rules of the lake, flag system, etc.) and off we went to see the jets. They are four Yamaha WaveRunners from the two-stroke era, and they come in different flavours (engine sizes). Although the machines look outdated, trust me: they are more than enough for going around the lake! When I saw them I was a bit skeptical about their prowess, (as my last jet was a Sea Doo XP Limited, with roughly twice the power of the WaveRunners), but after a couple of runs I was back to the old addiction!
If you're used to the big 4-stroke beasts, the WaveRunners will shock you for their nimbleness and manoeuvrability! They accelerate quite decently, make a lot of noise, and spin like crazy! If you're new to jets, you'll think you're approaching supersonic speeds!
After going solo I took the wife for the first time, and she was hooked! Now we've been there for two straight weekends, and we're going back next Saturday!
In a nutshell: nice place, lovely staff (Callum, Simon's "first mate", is also very nice and a good laugh), and honest fun! If you're looking for no-frills adrenalin, look no further: these guys have 100% positive feedback!

3  Thank Marcos L
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We racked our brains, with what to do for an excitable 10 year olds Birthday Party.
Should we go to a childrens play centre or should we do the 'normal' party thing?

We decided on an 'Action Watersports' Dolphin party, which was enjoyed by all the children and the adults too!! We took 8 Children and the parents stayed to watch also.

The hosts were great, supplying wet suits, helmets and also took the boys for a safety induction before the dolphin ride commenced.

The team were very proffesional and safety conscious, and I must say that at no time did I fear for the boys under Simons and Di's Care

The facilities were great with a BBQ which we used to cook food for the wet and hungry party goers. Tea and coffee were available for the adults.

The party lasted a couple of hours, an hour on the water and an hour in the grounds enjoying the sunshine and the BBQ.

In all a fantasic day, and a party that our Son and his friends will remember for a very long time.

3  Thank David190759
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Have been visiting Action Watersports regularly since my last review as it is so much fun and the staff make you feel so welcome.
The lake is even more sheltered and i love skiing behind the brand new Malibu boat.
I would recommend it to anyone wanting to water-ski or wakeboard - they made me feel relaxed as a complete novice last year, even though the British Barefoot Team were training there - all levels just mix together in a chilled relaxed atmosphere.

3  Thank IzziUk
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 August 2010

Last week 14 of us decended on Action Watersports in Lydd for an afternoon of Jetbiking. Simon (owner/manager) coordinated the afternoon and it worked out really well. We all had two 10 minute sessions around a two bouy course and then we did a time trial on the full slalom course. It was terrific fun and everyone, without exception, thoroughly enjoyed it. They had 5 bikes available (with three in use at any one time), which was good because we were an aggressive group and a couple of the bikes needed to be swapped out during the afternoon.

The atmosphere at Action Watersports was relaxed but safety was clearly the priority.

I would definitely recommend this to others looking for a terrific group outing.

1  Thank jrc12345