“Lovely surprise!”
Review of Mullins Brasserie

Mullins Brasserie
Ranked #3 of 181 Restaurants in Margate
Cuisines: Caribbean, British, Jamaican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Margate, United Kingdom
“Lovely surprise!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My sister recommended this brasserie after a visit a couple of weeks prior...we took my other sister for her birthday, and Mum. Lovely surroundings- beams and nice lighting, with rustic wooden tables. Very friendly staff, great welcome and very helpful.
The scallops were excellent- 3 for the starter, large and luscious!! Good selection on the menu, with a Carribean twist. All food was very well presented and extremely tasty, and service continued to be of a high standard.
Wine was reasonable, which is important!...can afford 2 bottles! ;)
Should've gone ages ago, and looking forward to a second visit!

kent
“"food worth waiting for "”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

went in for lunch yesterday was 3 of us ,was seated buy a lovely polite waitress who promptly gave a menu sorted drink and told us about specials board
all through the meal would check to see if we needed any thing ,best staff happy and polite

now for the food we had 2 course menu £12 a head 0r £14 for 3 courses

we had 2 courses,3 people carafe red wine 1 bottle beer and lemonade was £46 great value

the food was fantastic ,so many flavours ,best seasoned meal I have had for a long time

only little thing was a long wait for food ! BUT it was really worth the wait and every dish I saw come out from the kitchen I could have eaten.

if your in a rush then this is not the place for you ,but if you want great food fab staff and a relaxing meal give it a go you will not be disappointed.

yes cant wait to return

1 Thank webby58
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I loved this restaurant, the place was nice and relaxing. The food was beautiful, and the desert was too die for. I would come to margate again just to come to this restaurant.

London, United Kingdom
“Relaxed with a Carribean flavour”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Good lunch. It was pretty quiet and the one waiter had to work very hard but we wanted a leisurely lunch so ideal for us. My favourite was the akee and saltfish and apparently the ginger sponge and ice cream was 'to die for'

Looking at the Caribbean rum cocktails on the blackboard I just wish we have come in the evening to test them out.
Overall a good choice if you are in Margate.

1 Thank TravelerFarnhamUK
Margate, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening, very impressed”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I visited as part of a group of 7 for a birthday celebration and the entire restaurant experience definitely lived up to expectations. The atmosphere was just right with nicely laid wooden tables, comfortable chairs and low level background music. We all opted for the 3 course set menu which was excellent value. The food was served hot, fresh and was very well presented. I recommend the jerk chicken salad starter and the duck main, both were cooked to perfection. The service was excellent and the waitresses were friendly and attentive despite the restaurant being fully booked on a Tuesday night! They even went the extra mile and brought the birthday girl her dessert with a happy birthday message written in syrup, and for my grandad a scoop of his favourite rum and raisin ice cream with his cheesecake simply because they must have heard us say in conversation that it was his favourite. I would definitely recommend this place, and also the rum cocktails which at £4 each are an absolute bargain!! Thank you Mullins Brasserie for making our evening very enjoyable.

1 Thank clw1982_13