The Warwick Guest House
  • Breakfast included
Hussar Hotel(Margate)
US$107
US$103
Westbrook Lodge Guest House(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$100
Smiths Court Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$84
US$110
Travelodge Margate Westwood(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$67
Travelodge
US$100
Sherwood Hotel(Margate)(Great Value!)
US$113
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshomemade breadfantastic homemadeeggs montrealeggs benedictattic roomdelicious homelovely hostsstained glassfour starstreet parkingset us up for the daylovely breakfastthank you for a lovelylarge bathroombed was very comfortablefish and chipslast minute booking
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed at the Warwick Hotel last week-end from the Friday night through to Sunday. This is a great place to stay! The Edwardian house has been tastefully restored and we stayed in the old servants quarters with a lovely room, ensuite and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! The place was very quiet and all guests appeared to respect each other, with very little noise even if people did come in a little later than others.

The owners of this bed and breakfast Guesthouse could not have been more helpful in making our stay a really enjoyable one! They were even kind enough to try and accommodate us by giving a room that did not have too many stairs to reach, which was so helpful!

The breakfast included homemade jams and marmalades, as well as homemade bread and pastries which you could smell from your room - wonderful! The room we had was absolutely immaculate and everything had been cleaned to a very high standard.

Little touches really made the difference such as a laden tea tray with goodies, as well as tea and coffee facilities.

The owners balanced helpfulness and recommendations about what to see and where to go without appearing intrusive. I would highly recommend a stay at the Warwick and we will certainly stay again if we visit Margate.

There is a beautiful beach about five minutes away from the accommodation and it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to walk into the centre of Margate, with a reasonably priced taxi fare home if you do not wish to walk back up the hill again.

This was my first visit to Margate and I thought the beaches were beautiful and would advise others to rise above the 'bad press' that Margate has had over the last couple of years. We visited the Lighthouse Bar on the Harbour Arm. You can get a drink and food and the owner and staff are friendly and welcoming. From here there are great vistas over Margate Harbour and Beach. There is plenty to do if you do not want to go to the Turner Gallery (although we did) and when we visited there was a themed 50's revival in the Market Square.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Just a great place. Peace and quiet, the service charges. The owners were very nice. Close to the coast close to the center ... Affordable price. If you do this I will return to Margate I'll just stay here. Really a place worth recommending.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Check in was fast and smooth, room was gorgeous, spotlessly clean,very stylish. Bed was lush. Breakfast was exquisite, it even had toast made from freshly home baked bread, and homemade jam and marmalade, also a homemade pastry - delicious. The owner was so lovely, warm and friendly. I just can't recommend this place enough - perfect.

Room Tip: I had an attic room. It had those roof windows which made it feel really bright and airy. It felt like a retreat, just the right size for someone on their own, I could have happily hidden up there for a week.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

This must be one of best B & Bs I have ever stayed in. The owners are two very friendly people, great breakfast. Our room was spotlessly clean. Will book next time I'm in Margate. The locations good, walking distance from all major attractions.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The guesthouse owner may recall me as a deaf person booked into that lovely guesthouse in October 2012, sorry for the late review.
A 5***** guesthouse! Comfortable room (wish to have en-suite inside!) and very well served plenty of food for breakfast! Grabbed muffin and fresh fruit to take with me when I checked out.
Having known the neighbourhood area very well, I wouldn't let the area, being rundown, get into that way, because several positive points, such as 3 minutes' walk to Cliftonville beach for lovely walks.
Will definitely come back with my partner.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo